2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody gets a free pass. Nobody gets let off the hook.
These players have got a free pass for years. The refusal by the club to overhaul the squad has left us in this state. Far too many huge deals handed out to average players on the back of one or 2 above average performances.

Lampard doesn't get a free hit either and he is making mistakes. But he should get all the time he needs to improve things because he inherited an enormous mess. These players however deserve zero more chances and we need to have zero loyalty to any of them. Get as many out the door as is physically possible.

Last edited:
Did he actually say our players haven't got the bollocks to play and be up for it?

Wow, I hope it's true, bout time a manager slated these tossers, they have been taking the living pee out of the club for years.

Really hope he drops the ones we have all mentioned - the kids cannot possibly do any worse.
Unfortunately he also said much of the problem today "wasn't tangible, like tactics".

He is part of the problem at this point, and in denial. Not like I want him to go or anything stupid, but stop the three at the back and high line shabite with this group of divvies

Unfortunately he also said much of the problem today "wasn't tangible, like tactics".

He is part of the problem at this point, and in denial. Not like I want him to go or anything stupid, but stop the three at the back and high line shabite with this group of divvies
I agree with that to a degree, he is making some errors and I hope that interview means he's had enough of some of these players, and won't butter them up any more.

I think he's been trying to find solutions, but the back 5/343 thing he has needs to go now, it's killing us, along with him picking the same cowardly deadbeats who have done nothing but pick up a fat wage for years at the club.

Rightly or wrongly, Frank Lampard will never blame Frank Lampard.

He has never built a successful side. Derby were a financially doped championship outfit full of loaners and given the money spent on them should have walked the league but failed in the playoffs (and only progressed in them at all because Leeds self-imploded). At Chelsea he had a ready made team full of world beaters and - to be fair - didn’t mess it up, but didn’t make a case for having the job permanently; they replaced him as soon as their transfer embargo was lifted. What makes you think he would be remotely competent to rebuild us (whether in the Premiership or Championship)? We picked the worst possible manager for our current situation - can’t lift a broken team and no experience of building a new one. It’s a disaster.
Nah.

The players are pathetic.

Anyways, I'm off here for a well earned break, see you in a few weeks everyone xxxx

Denial...when you ask your player's to give it their all, and they don't even turn up.

Whatever formation you want to try play with this lot, they can't play it. Pretty lame this lot

Worrying he claimed we didn't play that badly today and worrying that he seems to be out of ideas to do anything with this group. Yes they are hapless and a disgrace to the shirt but he's got to do something with them between now and the end of the season.

Nah.

The players are pathetic.
That has been obvious for years now. The worrying thing is this should be the starting point of any tactic and Frank seems to allude that he only realises this now. Did he not watch any football the last 15 months? Not even a game of Everton vs Chelsea? Did he live on mars? His tactics are naive its not even funny anymore.

The players are crap, period. The few good ones get dragged down in a second with the rest failing. Accept this, then go to the drawing board for the remainder of the season. Hope to God we stay up, and dismiss the lot of them, bar a few this summer.

When you are publicly asking your players if they have the bollocks for it, you're probably gasping for a lifebuoy.

Amazing, this. When a team is purring like a machine, managers tend to be lauded as tactical geniuses and strategic masters. But when a team is losing 5-0 to Spurs and 4-0 to Crystal Palace, the players lack bollocks.

I have no doubt that a lot of our players lack the cojones or intestinal fortitude or strength of character or whatever you want to call it yourself to be successful. But that's been the case for a number of years now. This manager doesn't really seem to have much more up his sleeve than name value - as a player, not a manager, just like Ronald Koeman - and a good line in cheerleading. That seems to be the sum total of it. If there's more, I'm not seeing it. He better find it soon or his managerial career will be stillborn. The man who relegated Everton.

So it’s the managers fault again eh? Jesus Christ. Frank Lampard is a serial winner, who has won everything there is to win as a player. He has come out and told us that these players are cowards. They have seen off 6 managers and are about to see to the demise of our premier league status as a club. Yet some on here are now starting with the ‘wrong appointment’ ‘out of his depth’ none sense. A person who knows what it takes to win everything is telling you point blank these players don’t have the courage to win anything. I am more than inclined to believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.