2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felt good after watching his presser.
Got the feel of a good fit.
Up to the players now (let's not beat up on em, give them a bit of time to reach the confidence Lamps is going to expect. Commitment and effort on the other hand needs to be there from the start)

His positivity is infectious - I hope to the player's as well.

This is the best I've felt about the Club in a while. I was happy with Ancelotti's appointment but he didn't make wholesale changes to the coaching staff which we needed.

Something that has rightly been pointed out in the past is his side's defensive issues. It looks like he's worked on that and brought good coaches to work with him.

I think we'll be involved in some high scoring games for the rest of the season. Playing on the front foot will help, we do have goals in the side when playing to the squad's strengths, not forcing an outdated way of playing that exposes their weaknesses.

Looking forward to Saturday's game!

The most interesting thing for me in that press conference was his downplaying of results.

He obvioulsy knows we have to get them, but he seems to want to avoid becoming a captive of setting out points tallies and league positions, which is wise I suppose. The emphasis he made was on there being 18 games left to show an improved level of performance and (I think) a rekindinling of the relationship between team and fans.

A very circumspect feller.

Impressive, it's the first press conference I have watched this season, for obvious reasons, and I was not disappointed. He was shrewd enough not to set any specific goals, but, he was eager to stress that he feels we have good players. When asked about Saturdays game he said that Brentford are a good well drilled side and that we are a good side as well, it was also refreshing to hear an Everton manager saying that progress in the cup is important.

Parts of his press conference were obviously contrived, people's club etc., but, his off the cuff stuff was concise and confident. Quite impressive overall.

Felt good after watching his presser.
Got the feel of a good fit.
Up to the players now (let's not beat up on em, give them a bit of time to reach the confidence Lamps is going to expect. Commitment and effort on the other hand needs to be there from the start)
Exactly. Despite some of the media idiots talking about new signings playing tomorrow, they are cup-tied and we really do not have a midfield worth talking about. It will be tough.

Impressive, it's the first press conference I have watched this season, for obvious reasons, and I was not disappointed. He was shrewd enough not to set any specific goals, but, he was eager to stress that he feels we have good players. When asked about Saturdays game he said that Brentford are a good well drilled side and that we are a good side as well, it was also refreshing to hear an Everton manager saying that progress in the cup is important.

Parts of his press conference were obviously contrived, people's club etc., but, his off the cuff stuff was concise and confident. Quite impressive overall.
I think Saturdays game transcends the cup and the need to progress. Lampards needs to start with a win if he is going to build confidence ahead of the barcode-six-pointer on Tuesday. I am sure the imminent trip to Horse Puncher Park will weigh on the team selection for Saturday too. He made sure both games were mentioned in the presser - he obviously gets the importance of the next two to our overall confidence and therefore our overall season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back