2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most interesting thing for me in that press conference was his downplaying of results.

He obvioulsy knows we have to get them, but he seems to want to avoid becoming a captive of setting out points tallies and league positions, which is wise I suppose. The emphasis he made was on there being 18 games left to show an improved level of performance and (I think) a rekindinling of the relationship between team and fans.

A very circumspect feller.

Probably because if we lose one or two straight off we'll be fancied to go down, then he'd have to change tone abruptly.

I'm quite happy with the appointments in the last week, I think we'll see a quick turnaround. Only concern I would have is a repeat of what happened with Ancelotti.

Hopefully we've learnt a couple of lessons.

I really like how Frank is talking about the positive sides of our squad, insted of just going on about fixing the negatives like the slug did. The slug wasnt wrong about a lot of his views early on, but i understand how that viewpoint alone zaps players of confidence.

Very good presser. Comes of as exactly what we need at this moment.

Speaks very well, however the proof will be in the pudding. Getting a tune out of these players who have seen off six mangers is easier said than done. Hopefully he can pull it off.
These players haven't seen off 6 managers though, apart from Coleman. Keane and Pickford also go back to the Koeman era. Allardyce was sacked because of the way he had the team playing and because the fans wanted him out. Nothing to do with the players. Carlo left of his own choice to go and manage arguably the biggest club in the world. Benitez should never have been appointed.

Who knows whether Frank can get a tune out of these players. I personally think he can, but not all of them are of the required quality I agree. But to blame the players for the demise of the 3 I mentioned above is just wrong. You also have to question the quality of Silva and Koeman as managers too. It isn't just the players who are to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back