2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I've really liked about the past week or so is that it feels like all of us as fans have kind of been on a similar journey - from the initial list of candidates his maybe wasn't the name that got the juices flowing the most, but for me and for others I speak to it was a gradual realisation that yeah, his profile and personality made him the ideal guy to come in, and now we're all at a point of being fully united behind the guy. And thankfully everything we saw today supports that optimism.

Massive - especially with Godfrey likely out for a while now. Wrap him up in cotton wool as I think our future depends on it…going into a relegation scrap with Keane/Holgate/Branthwaite would be worrying.

The weakness i think will be against quick forwards when we play a high line with Keane and Coleman having to keep pace.

Godfrey is a big loss.

Isn’t I it going exactly as I predicted, all these players playing up now for the new manager.

Watch as we get to the summer and the same old lines come out: ‘Keane has been rejuvenated’ ‘Coleman is good for another year if he keeps playing like this’ ‘If Gomes keeps this sort of form that’s CM solved’ ‘’we don’t need a back up right back because Holgate is back to his best’. Then once the season starts the tools go down again.

I really want Lampard to break this cycle, he’s a good young manager and we need stability more than anything. I just don’t trust these players at all. Get us through to the end of the season then I want the lot on a bonfire. They just play when they want. The difference between Silva’s last game to Carlo’s first game, from Carlo’s last game to Benitez’s first game, from Benitez’s last game to this one. Huge jumps in performances. They’re just a rotten group of professionals.

The thing I've really liked about the past week or so is that it feels like all of us as fans have kind of been on a similar journey - from the initial list of candidates his maybe wasn't the name that got the juices flowing the most, but for me and for others I speak to it was a gradual realisation that yeah, his profile and personality made him the ideal guy to come in, and now we're all at a point of being fully united behind the guy. And thankfully everything we saw today supports that optimism.
Don't forget.... there's still Dave.

Isn’t I it going exactly as I predicted, all these players playing up now for the new manager.

Watch as we get to the summer and the same old lines come out: ‘Keane has been rejuvenated’ ‘Coleman is good for another year if he keeps playing like this’ ‘If Gomes keeps this sort of form that’s CM solved’ ‘’we don’t need a back up right back because Holgate is back to his best’. Then once the season starts the tools go down again.

I really want Lampard to break this cycle, he’s a good young manager and we need stability more than anything. I just don’t trust these players at all. Get us through to the end of the season then I want the lot on a bonfire. They just play when they want. The difference between Silva’s last game to Carlo’s first game, from Carlo’s last game to Benitez’s first game, from Benitez’s last game to this one. Huge jumps in performances. They’re just a rotten group of professionals.

If they perform for the next 7 matches then we'll be practically safe and all will be well with the world.

….it demonstrates how utterly useless the Obnoxious One was.
A new manager often makes an immediate impact, but we were transformed today. To think we’ve still got DCL, Alii, DVB and Doucoure to come back into that starting 11 there is genuine cause for optimism when you consider we were so much on the back foot under benetiz, with this same group of players.

What a pleasant game to watch. That sort of performance with the Duke, DCL, Donald and Dele in there, and some of these teams may be in for a bit of a spanking. Really hope we can start climbing the league table now, this is where the hard work really starts

I agree, but I’m not sure how he fits them all in?!

Nice problems to have though…

Gordon’s shot was unlucky, but the crowd loved it and clapped.

Gomez then thought he wanted some of this clapping, and had a go, forcing the keeper to parry it over. More clapping happens. We then score from the resulting corner.

Shooting and shots lads. I rest my case.

It makes everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back