2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t I it going exactly as I predicted, all these players playing up now for the new manager.

Watch as we get to the summer and the same old lines come out: ‘Keane has been rejuvenated’ ‘Coleman is good for another year if he keeps playing like this’ ‘If Gomes keeps this sort of form that’s CM solved’ ‘’we don’t need a back up right back because Holgate is back to his best’. Then once the season starts the tools go down again.

I really want Lampard to break this cycle, he’s a good young manager and we need stability more than anything. I just don’t trust these players at all. Get us through to the end of the season then I want the lot on a bonfire. They just play when they want. The difference between Silva’s last game to Carlo’s first game, from Carlo’s last game to Benitez’s first game, from Benitez’s last game to this one. Huge jumps in performances. They’re just a rotten group of professionals.
With all that said had he been sacked months ago (as he should have been) we wouldnt be on the knife edge that we are in the league.

I'm afraid you and others argued for him to be kept on for far, far longer than was tolerable.

Last edited:

For 2 years people have been telling me these players can’t play football and that’s why managers just get them to launch it and get everybody behind the ball. Well this blokes had one week with them and all of a sudden they’re knocking the ball round and looking like an actual football team. Amazing that.

Tougher tests ahead but that was a good start.

For 2 years people have been telling me these players can’t play football and that’s why managers just get them to launch it and get everybody behind the ball. Well this blokes had one week with them and all of a sudden they’re knocking the ball round and looking like an actual football team. Amazing that.

This ?

I really hope we carry this on. Even if it means DCL doesn’t get back into the team. I’m sick of watching us whipping balls in and hoping for the best with DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back