2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Potter is an example of a man who can coach a team. Look at them yesterday, pressing from the front, everyone understand their role, and defending well. You cannot say that their squad is better than ours, can you? They have a good coach. It's why I am reluctant to say 'These lads aren't good enough to play the way Lampard wants to play' . I hope to see these lads improving very soon without the pressure of relegation on them.

Yes it is.

They've sold close to £150mill worth of talent the past 2 seasons which means Potter buys well, develops well, and they're still a good outfit. So overall they have a better squad.

We may arguably have a few better individuals but not a squad

Graham Potter is an example of a man who can coach a team. Look at them yesterday, pressing from the front, everyone understand their role, and defending well. You cannot say that their squad is better than ours, can you? They have a good coach. It's why I am reluctant to say 'These lads aren't good enough to play the way Lampard wants to play' . I hope to see these lads improving very soon without the pressure of relegation on them.
Potter is in his 3rd year at Brighton, if 3 years from now we are still wondering what Franks best 11 is, then I might be concerned.

It takes time to mould a team in your image, sure, some managers dont need time, but its unfair to base everything off 1 game and compare a manager who is 3 years down the line to a 6monther.

Genuinely interested to see how he gets on - obviously as a blue im just desperate for him to succeed.

If I was a neutral I'd be watching closely - has he learned the lessons from Chelsea? He seemed to learn quickly here last season, after appearing quite naive early on.

C'mon Frank

I have just woken to see my peers on this forum have awarded me innumerable trophies attesting to the quality of my contributions herein: THANK YOU everybody!!. My affections toward, and around you all, are fiercely indiminishible.
I too have awoken to 13 wonderful trophies. Evidently, there must be some system errors that need to be promptly attended to by the powers that be. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.