2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

That means we have virtually no chance of getting a result. He's one of the worst forwards in the league.
Nonsense! Stop conceding goals and impress on the midfield, centre backs and wing backs the importance of being confident enough to have a shot. Other people can score other than a centre forward. I would agree with you if we were playing City or the RS, but this is Villa fgs!

I've stolen these opinions from an article tbf but what they said sounded good. Lampard is from the Mourinho school of football, be defensively sound and counter. He's brought in centrebacks to play in a 523 and they're all goal threats.

Mykolenko, Onana and Patterson will counter to get us up the pitch and the forwards will press to create chances. I reckon if it goes to plan and we get a forward, we may comfortably finish 9-12 in the league. I know it sounds stupid after last year but look at the teams we beat, the players should now trust Frank and the signings look great.

I've stolen these opinions from an article tbf but what they said sounded good. Lampard is from the Mourinho school of football, be defensively sound and counter. He's brought in centrebacks to play in a 523 and they're all goal threats.

Mykolenko, Onana and Patterson will counter to get us up the pitch and the forwards will press to create chances. I reckon if it goes to plan and we get a forward, we may comfortably finish 9-12 in the league. I know it sounds stupid after last year but look at the teams we beat, the players should now trust Frank and the signings look great.
It doesnt sound stupid.

People really need to start treating last season for what it was, a freak season where everything that could go wrong went wrong.

The squad is probably nearer to the 10th that Carlo got us.

We have made some great additions so far, just need a few more in key areas and top half should be fairly easy.

It doesnt sound stupid.

People really need to start treating last season for what it was, a freak season where everything that could go wrong went wrong.

We have made some great additions so far, just need a few more in key areas and top half should be fairly easy.
We've lost Richarlison, and DCL, Godfrey and Mina are injured after one game.
We're not out of the freaky yet.

It doesnt sound stupid.

I’d take 16th again right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.