2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
People really need to start treating last season for what it was, a freak season where everything that could go wrong went wrong.
I don't blame people for not being able to do that just yet. It'll take a while to get over the trauma of last season.

Two or three wins from the next four matches will help us all view things more rationally, I think.

I don't blame people for not being able to do that just yet. It'll take a while to get over the trauma of last season.

Two or three wins from the next four matches will help us all view things more rationally, I think.
Its a tough tough league we play in.

I mean clubs like Forest waltz into the league and spend 120million like it aint no ting.

Spending money doesnt mean success, but the Top 6 aside, the other 14 teams are faily interchangeable and there is not a lot between them.

Its a tough tough league we play in.

I mean clubs like Forest waltz into the league and spend 120million like it aint no ting.

Spending money doesnt mean success, but the Top 6 aside, the other 14 teams are faily interchangeable and there is not a lot between them.
I don't even think the top 6 are as impermeable as all that. We have 2 sides far better than everyone else in this league. Then another 3 who are decent. Then United, who on present evidence are in the mire with the remaining 15.

I don't even think the top 6 are as impermeable as all that. We have 2 sides far better than everyone else in this league. Then another 3 who are decent. Then United, who on present evidence are in the mire with the remaining 15.
Yeah I did initially just say the top 2, but you cant ignore history and the top 6 generally do finish in the top 6.

At least we look like we are now planning for the freaky.
Yep, agree, Frank's been impressive, feels like he says, getting the whole club moving in the one direction - embodied by the signings of JT, CC and AO.
Just not counting em chickens.
Half expecting 2 more injuries next game.

Yeah I did initially just say the top 2, but you cant ignore history and the top 6 generally do finish in the top 6.
True, but it doesn't feel unattainable. I mean, it does for us this season, but if you can just be not terrible for a couple of seasons and make some shrewd moves in the market, it feels close enough to be attainable.

Think that’s how last season started

Status
Not open for further replies.