2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has as much time as he needs imo - same backing we gave Kendall first time round.

It's abundantly clear for the first time in 10+ years we are actually recruiting players to actually suit the way we want to play long term so let the manager implement that way,let the players settle and back him and Thelwell financially to the limits possible to do so.

We have pretty much one chance to stop the merry-go-round we've stuck ourselves on, if we don't take it we'll be back to the downward spiral and if we as fans push fir him to go due to a bad run - then we basically deserve our fate.

Back Lampard and late last season he showed what he can achieve.

Frank is under a lot of pressure right now, 3 points is a must on Saturday, imagine if we lost and became 4 points worse off then we were the same stage last season, after all this backing from the board.

I'm not so sure mate - Fronk has a large cult following who believe taking us from 16th to 16th over 18 games was an achievement lol

I suspect had he followed on from Ancelotti and not the much scapegoated Benitez he wouldn't be salivated over as much as he is (part of it is also ex top player syndrome - see similar hype over Slippy, Rooney etc.).

Lets hope for all our sakes he does well and we break the cycle of dour season after dour season thats plagued us over recent years but a few more poor results like Watford away last season and mini runs of shabite form and he'll be under pressure especially after being backed to the hilt this window.

I'm not so sure mate - Fronk has a large cult following who believe taking us from 16th to 16th over 18 games was an achievement lol

I suspect had he followed on from Ancelotti and not the much scapegoated Benitez he wouldn't be salivated over as much as he is (part of it is also ex top player syndrome - see similar hype over Slippy, Rooney etc.).

Lets hope for all our sakes he does well and we break the cycle of dour season after dour season thats plagued us over recent years but a few more poor results like Watford away last season and mini runs of shabite form and he'll be under pressure especially after being backed to the hilt this window.
Not sure you know what cult means lad.

The fascination and admiration that a particular small group showed benitez even after he was found out to not be able to hack it was a cult.

The large majority (seemingly other than the aforementioned cult) backing a young, up and coming manager who has helped to bring a real connection back to the club is not a cult.

Last edited:

Something I'm finding increasingly sad on this forum is how a few posters are without a doubt willing lampard to fail to prove a point. Whether they realise that with their posts or not but it's becoming tedious to constantly see people harping back to the FSW and attempting to rewrite his tenure as being anything other than an unmitigated disaster. I know I've mentioned him but can't we all just move on and stop with the barbed stuff and let's just support our present manager 100%. I'm sure I'll get grief for this post but hey ho I think it needed saying as it's really becoming laughable.

He got as many points as Big Ben. So he has to share the credit.

I'm grateful he has kept them up, and I admittedly have been out of the loop between the ban here and they're just depressing to read about. When I was a kid between them and my NFL team, I used to like thrive off that junk or something.

But this has to be the longest a team I support has had a manager and I'm still ambivalent about him. I'm really unsure of what to make of him.

Regardless of your opinion of me, you're one the "wittier" and imo that translates to intelligence. Not asking you to go on and on like I do, but what do you think of him so far? Keeper or na? I'd give him a fresh start at the beginning of the year, but we've had 6 months or whatever, if you had to guess which way he's heading? Obviously they all get fired eventually.

Something I'm finding increasingly sad on this forum is how a few posters are without a doubt willing lampard to fail to prove a point. Whether they realise that with their posts or not but it's becoming tedious to constantly see people harping back to the FSW and attempting to rewrite his tenure as being anything other than an unmitigated disaster. I know I've mentioned him but can't we all just move on and stop with the barbed stuff and let's just support our present manager 100%. I'm sure I'll get grief for this post but hey ho I think it needed saying as it's really becoming laughable.

Most of these people are miserable on here bud lol.

It was...

The morale was rock bottom, we were losing on a weekly basis, and once he had settled in we had a nightmare run of games.

That cannot be underestimated, and there seems to be an agenda on here from some to make it seem as if what he did was a non-entity.

I wonder what those people would be saying if Benitez had stayed and we were playing Norwich tomorrow?

No grief here; agree 100%...

Still not embarrassed by your backing of Benitez are you?

The only grief you’ll get is from those that want him to fail.

It was...

The morale was rock bottom, we were losing on a weekly basis, and once he had settled in we had a nightmare run of games.

That cannot be underestimated, and there seems to be an agenda on here from some to make it seem as if what he did was a non-entity.

I wonder what those people would be saying if Benitez had stayed and we were playing Norwich tomorrow?

Thats the same for most clubs who's manager has been sacked mate.

You telling me morale wasn't rock bottom when Koeman was sacked after that horrendous summer window, awful fixture list and shambolic defeats in Europe?

Or Silva after being hit by 5 goals at analfield and in the relegation spots?

Its a convenient ploy to suggest Lampard's the only manager to have had to come into a football club suffering poor morale.

Not sure you know what cult means lad.

The fascination and admiration that a particular small group showed benitez even after he was found out to not be able to hack it was a cult.

The large majority (seemingly other than the aforementioned cult) backing a young, up and coming manager who has helped to bring a real connection back to the club is not a cult.

Definition of a cult is blaming the ex manager for all our woes then blaming the shoddy players for all of his replacements woes...

Thats the same for most clubs who's manager has been sacked mate.

You telling me morale wasn't rock bottom when Koeman was sacked after that horrendous summer window, awful fixture list and shambolic defeats in Europe?

Or Silva after being hit by 5 goals at analfield and in the relegation spots?

Its a convenient ploy to suggest Lampard's the only manager to have had to come into a football club suffering poor morale.
Not at all.

I'm saying the man came in with a remit to keep us up, and he did that.

This season, he had a pre season, we lost Richie but find us stronger today than what we were last season.

Add a striker and Gana, and we finish top 10 (opinion) and we will win both Derbies (opinion), and then it will be onwards and upwards from there.

Just give him the opportunity to do his job, and let's see where we are when the enforced WC break rolls around.

Can we do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.