2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure mate - Fronk has a large cult following who believe taking us from 16th to 16th over 18 games was an achievement lol

I suspect had he followed on from Ancelotti and not the much scapegoated Benitez he wouldn't be salivated over as much as he is (part of it is also ex top player syndrome - see similar hype over Slippy, Rooney etc.).

Lets hope for all our sakes he does well and we break the cycle of dour season after dour season thats plagued us over recent years but a few more poor results like Watford away last season and mini runs of shabite form and he'll be under pressure especially after being backed to the hilt this window.

Wanting a manager to do well when he achieved his objective for the previous season, is not being in a cult.

The fact he has received not enough support this summer and has no forward options, makes me want him to do well even more. But it also means that expectations need to be realistic. You cannot compare this situation with other managers because the last few were not forced into selling their best player.

Thats the same for most clubs who's manager has been sacked mate.

You telling me morale wasn't rock bottom when Koeman was sacked after that horrendous summer window, awful fixture list and shambolic defeats in Europe?

Or Silva after being hit by 5 goals at analfield and in the relegation spots?

Its a convenient ploy to suggest Lampard's the only manager to have had to come into a football club suffering poor morale.

I don't think anyone has suggested that. But the club were at almost an all time low, our options were few, and he was by far the best option of those who were linked and we could realistically attract.

You can keep saying the 16th to 16th rubbish but we had gone 1 win in 16 games and were falling down the table fast. His job was to stay up and we stayed up. Now the board need to give him a good forward so we can improve on that this season.

I'm grateful he has kept them up, and I admittedly have been out of the loop between the ban here and they're just depressing to read about. When I was a kid between them and my NFL team, I used to like thrive off that junk or something.

But this has to be the longest a team I support has had a manager and I'm still ambivalent about him. I'm really unsure of what to make of him.

Regardless of your opinion of me, you're one the "wittier" and imo that translates to intelligence. Not asking you to go on and on like I do, but what do you think of him so far? Keeper or na? I'd give him a fresh start at the beginning of the year, but we've had 6 months or whatever, if you had to guess which way he's heading? Obviously they all get fired eventually.
You're going to get pelters on here for calling me witty.

In all serious and to be Frank (vintage Death wit) course he deserves a few seasons every manger does. But its his personality and the self hating scousers in love with the London accent that are makong some go overboard about him. And the fact he was a very good player recently.

But I think he can attract players that wouldn't come here otherwise for them very same superficial reasons. Thats a plus. Finished 6th at Derby failed at Chelsea. He hasn't proven himself yet for me. Got us over the line barley on good vibe fumes. So as you say let's see has a clean slate judge him after 2 seasons.

You're going to get pelters on here for calling me witty.

In all serious and to be Frank (vintage Death wit) course he deserves a few seasons every manger does. But its his personality and the self hating scousers in love with the London accent that are makong some go overboard about him. And the fact he was a very good player recently.

But I think he can attract players that wouldn't come here otherwise for them very same superficial reasons. Thats a plus. Finished 6th at Derby failed at Chelsea. He hasn't proven himself yet for me. Got us over the line barley on good vibe fumes. So as you say let's see has a clean slate judge him after 2 seasons.

A very sensible approach.

Our fans are too obsessed with how likeable a manager is than whats actually on their CV - Martinez was a lovely bloke for sure but he was given way too long on the basis of him being a lovely bloke whereas Alladyce and Benitez were written off from day 1 because they were either dour or managed Liverpool once upon a time.

The proof will be in the pudding - Fronk deserves time to build his own side but managing a club the size and potential of Everton means he has to get results and show progression - 5 players signed so far with another 2-3 to likely join he'll have signed a near new starting 11 when you include Myko and Patterson to the equation who are two good young players.

If we are not in the mix for a top half finish come the season end he'll be on thin ice.

I'm not so sure mate - Fronk has a large cult following who believe taking us from 16th to 16th over 18 games was an achievement lol

I suspect had he followed on from Ancelotti and not the much scapegoated Benitez he wouldn't be salivated over as much as he is (part of it is also ex top player syndrome - see similar hype over Slippy, Rooney etc.).

Lets hope for all our sakes he does well and we break the cycle of dour season after dour season thats plagued us over recent years but a few more poor results like Watford away last season and mini runs of shabite form and he'll be under pressure especially after being backed to the hilt this window.

Absolutely mad that you feel benitez is wrongly vilified and scapegoated still. Give it up. He was a terrible manager for us. As bad as they come. We would have gone down if he continued in the role.

A very sensible approach.

Our fans are too obsessed with how likeable a manager is than whats actually on their CV - Martinez was a lovely bloke for sure but he was given way too long on the basis of him being a lovely bloke whereas Alladyce and Benitez were written off from day 1 because they were either dour or managed Liverpool once upon a time.

The proof will be in the pudding - Fronk deserves time to build his own side but managing a club the size and potential of Everton means he has to get results and show progression - 5 players signed so far with another 2-3 to likely join he'll have signed a near new starting 11 when you include Myko and Patterson to the equation who are two good young players.

If we are not in the mix for a top half finish come the season end he'll be on thin ice.
Yeah benzo got 1 million to spend. Frank has a new team some decent players too. Should be challenging for Europe. Not necessarily qualifying. I do think any average manager should get midtable with these now. Atkeast challenging for Europe and ill feel good about hos second season. Altough laughably people already saying they wil be happy with 16th while singing super Frank. They are killing everton. Aru.

Thats the same for most clubs who's manager has been sacked mate.

You telling me morale wasn't rock bottom when Koeman was sacked after that horrendous summer window, awful fixture list and shambolic defeats in Europe?

Or Silva after being hit by 5 goals at analfield and in the relegation spots?

Its a convenient ploy to suggest Lampard's the only manager to have had to come into a football club suffering poor morale.

I've been supporting the club for best part of 45 years mate, the point Benetez was sacked was by a country mile the worst period in that entire time.

The time under Smith and The Norwich blert where bad, the summer we sold Rooney bad, staying up v Wimbledon horrid leading up to that day.

None come close to how utterly ripped apart and broken that it felt last season until Lampard came in.

If you can't see that then frankly you are putting a weird liking for an utterly detestable sloth above the survival of the club, because if he'd stayed, we one million percent would have went down with 3-4 games left to go and if the club went down at this point in history it'd take 20 years to rebound.

The sloth literally ripped the guts out the club and fanbase in less than 6 months, and you could see he honestly didn't give a damn in doing so.

Yeah benzo got 1 million to spend. Frank has a new team some decent players too. Should be challenging for Europe. Not necessarily qualifying. I do think any average manager should get midtable with these now. Atkeast challenging for Europe and ill feel good about hos second season. Altough laughably people already saying they wil be happy with 16th while singing super Frank. They are killing everton. Aru.

Yep european qualification is a tad ambitious for this season realistically but 8th-12th is definitely achievable.

There really is no excuses for a lack of progression - we've signed 2 leaders at the back in Tarkowski and Coady, Myko and Patterson are a million miles better than Coleman and Kenny/Godfrey, Onana and Gana will transform the midfield and surely DCL will not be missing as many games as he did last season / even then we look to be bringing a back up CF in.

Its all on the manager now the DOF has done his part - lets see how he does over the next 37 games.

Yep european qualification is a tad ambitious for this season realistically but 8th-12th is definitely achievable.

There really is no excuses for a lackof progression - we've signed 2 leaders at the back in Tarkwoski and Coady, Myko and Patterson are a million miles better than Coleman and Kenny/Godfrey, Onana and Gana will transform the midfield and surely DCL will not be missing as many games as he did last season / even then we look to be bringing a back up CF in.

Its all on the manager now the DOF has done his part - lets how he does over the next 37 games.

This is nonsense. The manager has appalling centre forward options.

How has the DOF done his job? Do you seriously think Rondon or Alli are good enough striking options for this level?

XXL Ben took us from 10th to 16th, Super took us from 16th to 16th, so he was better.
10th -16th is as bad as 16th to 16th. If Frank enherited us in 10th half way through we still would have finish 16th on them points. Its hard to sink lower when the teams in relegation aren't picking up points they both performed the same on points 16th worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.