2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a fanbase like that then we deserve to go down in my book.

We're rebuilding. All the elements aren't there. The minute the fans turn having learned nothing from the past 7 years, then we just need to be liquidated fast IMO.

We're not in free fall. We're a very solid team lacking a cutting edge.
I’m not talking about fans ‘turning’, I’m talking about it a lot harder to say ‘everything’s fine, we’ve really improved, we’re going to surprise people’ etc when you’re sitting in the bottom 3. It’s not a particularly controversial view.

I don't see how today was on the manager TBH. Not blue tinted at all. We were playing at the 3rd best team in the league with a world class manager, and in the end were undone by a Pickford howler.

We had a monumental job on in the summer window, we were always going to be short somewhere.
The cash was wasted on McNeil. Crazy money paid out early for a poor player when we had a crisis in attack as we all knew Richarlison was going.

It was a monumental error by the manager.

Compared to lard arse, yes he has. But the cat who came on the field a few seasons back could equally achieve that.. I didn't know we judged our standards on how awful we were under the fat waiter. You are effectively giving FL a free pass cos of how low you are setting the bar

I don't think it was said that where we are now is the bar we should aspire to. I referred to progress.

Played probably the third best side in the league away where we have a terrible record at.

First half tactically spot on, limited them to pretty much nothing and had two absolutely clear cut chances where we should have scored from at least once.

Second half they cut out the counter well but still took a howler from Pickford then a pen to crack us, after we went behind they killed the game effectively and played typical Conte ball.

Deserved loss but if we take one if those chances it changes the game completely, spurs are completely different when chasing a game to when they're ahead.

Can't knock the tactics at all, or the subs really, To din aside - and Mcneil po rob should have been pulled around 60 as all game long spurs knew exactly what he was trying and it killed us on progressing play

It’s pointless people knocking tactics when we limited them to two shots on their own ground and had the goal gaping twice for us to take the lead. It’s not Lampard’s fault that players can’t execute when the moments come.

It’s pointless people knocking tactics when we limited them to two shots on their own ground and had the goal gaping twice for us to take the lead. It’s not Lampard’s fault that players can’t execute when the moments come.
Exactly. I had people talking about the tactics not working, yet in the first half we had the better opportunities. Gray and Onana fluffed their lines, simple.

It's the common Everton case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. It's disappointing that we've lost two on the bounce, but it's not the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back