2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
20/21 we were being managed by one of the greatest managers of all time and had James Rodriguez Richarlison and a fit Dominic Calvert-Lewin as our forward line. Yerry Mina also stayed for for long periods of that season and we had Godfrey available.

It’s a completely different team and manager now so we can’t base anything from that form. Especially upfront. Gray Maupay McNeill is about as far away as you can get from Richarlison Calvert Lewin James. We also had Siggurdson Bernard and Iwobi on the bench as backup options.

We need to stay in the league this season, resolve the Gordon and Calvert Lewin situations this summer and then revamp the front line completely.
Was some folk on twitter saying that his contract talks have stalled because he wants £100k+ per week. No idea if that's true as it's twitter obviously, we will see over time. It might explain his frustrations in recent weeks though.

Why do we ‘need’ to give him three years? That performance yesterday was no different to any under Benitez. It wasn’t 5-0 yesterday but we still got battered and left with zero points.

We don’t in fact mate. It’s my opinion.

We have had 7 years of building 0, wasted 100s millions, sacked a manager every season to get on the cusp of relegation. All the while undermining consistency, continuity and lacking an identity or philosophey, which undermined player development and empowered a bad culture in the squad. We have become essentially a PL Watford - we need to climb out of that. It undermines the club top to bottom.

Building something takes time, at least three years in modern football, what we have tried above has failed, any manager we employ needs continuity and time, the job was always a massive one.

We have employed this manager on the basis of him being young, progressive and developing, we need to give him time to develop and also build, he’s young but the task he has is massive - always was.

Imagine the absolute idiocy of someone coming in ripping it all up again and starting again. Worse thing that could happen.

Last edited:
Was some folk on twitter saying that his contract talks have stalled because he wants £100k+ per week. No idea if that's true as it's twitter obviously, we will see over time. It might explain his frustrations in recent weeks though.

If a youth player is just breaking into g he first team, has an ok season, and then starts demanding 100k or he’s going then I’d rather wave him goodbye. We just don’t need that type of attitude. He’s cost his team yesterday by being suspended. Hit another 18 goals in all comps this season then we can talk about 100k a week.

Why is it a huge game mate after 10 matches? Nowhere near half way through a season?
I'm gonna start by saying that I'm a Lampard fan and feel he is doing a good job atm. However, I dont accept we should just lose against Utd and Spurs. Utd battered us on our own patch and Spurs didnt get out of second gear. We set up to try and scrap a draw in both games and got what we deserved. We defend too deep, we dont press and we play at a slow tempo, inviting pressure. It's unsustainable. Newcastle are not in the same bracket as Utd and Spurs, so if we set up the same way against them and slump to another pitiful defeat I'd start to worry. That's why its a huge game for me. We may lose the game but I at least want to see an attempt to win it.

Why do we ‘need’ to give him three years? I’m not a fan of the manager merry-go-round but what has Lampard done in his career to warrant the patience we haven’t shown in any other manager?

That performance yesterday was no different to any under Benitez. It wasn’t 5-0 yesterday but we still got battered and left with zero points.

What did Moyes do to earn so much time? What did Martinez do? Koeman?

Why do we ‘need’ to give him three years? I’m not a fan of the manager merry-go-round but what has Lampard done in his career to warrant the patience we haven’t shown in any other manager?

That performance yesterday was no different to any under Benitez. It wasn’t 5-0 yesterday but we still got battered and left with zero points.

1. Took us from 16th to 16th

2. Broke his hand celebrating a goal

ffs what else do you want from a manager man where's yer ambishun? lol

imo he'll get a free pass from the fans this season as he's replaced an unpopular manager (see Silva after Alladyce) next season will be the one when the excuses grow tiring and stop if we haven't improved.

Hopefully he pushes us on before then but for me he's shown nothing to suggest he isn't just another overhyped ex top player manager like Slippy/Rooney just without the arrogant attitude.

One thing I'll give him is that he's played the fans brilliantly since he arrived with his "man in the van on the street" talk despite being erm well.

If a youth player is just breaking into g he first team, has an ok season, and then starts demanding 100k or he’s going then I’d rather wave him goodbye. We just don’t need that type of attitude. He’s cost his team yesterday by being suspended. Hit another 18 goals in all comps this season then we can talk about 100k a week.

I love Flash, but totally agree with you there mate.

I don't think we got battered at all but really showed that we have improved on last season.

He's playing like he's gutted he never got the Chelsea move imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back