2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re trying to transition to a passing style but the players aren’t good enough to do it.

It’s been the curse of many an Everton manager. Ancelotti had us doing it whilst James was running the plays but as soon as he got injured we could barely move the ball through the lines so he just locked the back door instead and went direct.

The big disappointment for me is Onana. For 30 mill you expect a lot more but I think he’s playing out of position, just don’t see what he brings going forward. I’d try him in front of the back 4 where he played for his old club and get Garner in to get us moving forward.

Lads, he’s. Not even been in charge 12 months.

Of course the same could have been said of Benitez, but we all knew how that was going to pan out as soon as he was appointed.

Let’s see where we are at halfway point.

We’ve lost away to Newcastle and Spurs, which shouldn’t be a massive surprise to anybody.

His win rate is just 2% higher than Benitez. If we lose the next, if we don’t win the next game it will actually be lower than his.

He changed when the 5 at the back wasn’t working. Time to change again. That midfield needs dismantling and Coleman needs taking out of the team maybe for Holgate until Patterson is back.

I’d go 4231 with Onana and Garner deep and Iwobi behind a front 3.
Yes, I think we need to try something different. A few players have gone off the boil or look out of form. Vinagre and Garner getting game time might not hurt.

He changed when the 5 at the back wasn’t working. Time to change again. That midfield needs dismantling and Coleman needs taking out of the team maybe for Holgate until Patterson is back.

I’d go 4231 with Onana and Garner deep and Iwobi behind a front 3.

That's still pretty much how we play at the moment IMO, we just can't link midfield with attack and the attack is poor when they get it.

Personally think we should go to 3 at the back. Get Iwobi at RWB, Vinegre LWB to let the 3 attackers in the box more rather than out wide. We have to bypass the midfield

Think you unfairly miss out Coleman and Mykolenko there. Having two players so uncomfortable on the ball would kill any team going forward.
This is spot on. The full backs plus wingers are well crap. Patterson can’t come back quicker enough, crap about his injury as he was looking really good.

Howe was appointed by Newcastle on 8th November 2021 when they were bottom of the league

They are now aiming for top 4 this season with 1 defeat in 11 games

A good manager doesn’t need time to enforce his style of play and tactics on the team

Don’t remember Frank getting 100 million to spend though?

I’m sure Frank's results would be looking a bit better with Burn, Botman, Trippier, Guimaraes, and Isaak as well.

I'm not going to argue on tonight. That level of performance is unacceptable and players not wanting to get on the ball is unacceptable

But... these attacking options are downright pathetic. We are an established top flight club and that is the product we are served up. Its an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment to the club. None of that front 3 or the subs who came on are good enough for Everton.

Oh yeh, they're dreadful going forwards, but Patterson is a weirdly huge miss. I prefer Myko when he plays because then we have 3 more defensive defenders and 1 that bombs on.

No Patterson has really shone a light on how poor Mykolenko is with the ball at his feet. Gordon, Gray and McNeil have been so poor, but so often they're isolated and on a hiding to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.