2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

But there isn't any links to us with Southgate. YOU asked if we should consider Southgate, i.e. you think it's a good thing to consider.
There's no links now because he is in employment, but once England punt him, which could coincide with Frank going if we lose the next two games, there will obviously be a link

Some of our fans going into this season with stupid unrealistic expectations of finishing in the top 10 hasn’t helped at all. No idea where we get the entitlement and delusion from to be honest, we used to be a fairly knowledgeable and patient set of fans. These past 18 months have been an all time low for this club and there just isn’t a manager alive and breathing who’s going to come in, click his fingers and make every problem vanish and we live happily ever after.
This is post of the day!

Absolutely spot on mate, well said.

Yes, progress is rarely linear. On the other hand, what is perhaps a source of concern is that Lampard doesn't quite know which direction to go. For example, everyone knew the direction of Arteta's project at Arsenal, but the results were not forthcoming. Meanwhile, the performance was partly encouraging, and the underlying statistics were positive. Something he himself was ridiculed for.

I struggle to see this in Lampard's case. I don't care if he gets fired or not. In general, it is difficult to see any positive future for Everton. We just repeat the same mistakes. I can hardly bear to watch them play anymore. The Moyes period is just a distant memory, but god how I miss it.
Were we conditioned during Moyes period to accept that we were best if the rest and never aspire to better, I think perhaps we were and that sits with BK and his acceptance of it, we really needed to push on middle of Moyes tenure but due to constraints and lack of ambition by the board we simply didn't.

I don't see that there is any need for sacking another manager, it would be catastrophic as we seem to have a direction with Frank and Thelwell and possibly a better overall philosophy but and it's worth mentioning, when we see the likes of Newcastle making what appears to be huge progress with a manager that very few wanted but with an overall business model and philosophy that seems to have potential from people who have a much better understanding than Moshiri and BK combined, in itself is a cause of much disbelief, I'm not saying Frank is untouchable but there have been moments albeit few and far between, one moment that stands out apart from the game was the second goal against Palace for Gordon, a real taste of what could be, reminiscent of our School of Science and our other great period of the 80's if he can build that style and deliver consistently and its a big if, then he must be given a chance, surely?

It's a very sad reflection that you and many aren't even enjoying the whole Everton experience, it is a real bind to feel that way and tonight I should be in Bournemouth but was partially glad that my car is busted, I have never felt like this in all my years.?

That said, smash Bournemouth tonight and at the weekend and this forum will be buzzing again.

UTFT

The day I go into a season not expecting top 3 is the day I walk off a cliff fam.
I can relate in part to this, my lad every week says, "we are getting beat aren't we" every week I say to him if I felt like that every week I would have stopped going/supporting years ago, I just have to have the optimism that Everton will prevail. Otherwise....Where's that cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.