2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shush. Don't you know Frank is responsible for nothing other than the glorious reflection of his playing days, his winning smile, and amiable diamond geezerishness. Oh, and he "gets us". Super.
I know right. I'd kin get Liverpool if they were paying me £5m a season, or even £200k a season would do. I'd paint the kin house red if they guaranteed me a million over a five-year contract.

Shush. Don't you know Frank is responsible for nothing other than the glorious reflection of his playing days, his winning smile, and amiable diamond geezerishness. Oh, and he "gets us". Super.
Do you think 30 games for an inexperienced manager is enough time to turn this club around? Would you prefer we jump back on the merry go round?

Do you think 30 games for an inexperienced manager is enough time to turn this club around? Would you prefer we jump back on the merry go round?

Is he really that inexperienced mate ?

12 months Chelsea youth coach
12 months at Derby
12-18 months at Chelsea
9 months at Everton

Im not suggesting he's experienced but I dont think he's green as grass either - people talk as if the lads Big Dunc or Unsworth.

I also ponder when is Lampard considered experienced ? Is it when he hits a certain age ? No of games in management ?

As a supporter are you prepared to wait potentially a number of years for that "experience" to show ? Even if we're consistently in and around the bottom 6 or so spots ?

Personally I dont think any manager in the PL should be inexperienced. Inexperience is for the Championship / League One where managers can cut their teeth over a number of seasons before making the step up if they're good enough. The likes of Lampard/Slippy have been catapulted into big jobs after very little time at smaller clubs because of their media profiles which was a mistake for Gerrard and is looking that way currently for Frankel.

Stick or twist is always the question, but in terms of overall morale and direction, I do not think we are quite near the point where it becomes viable to actively consider sacking him.

There are periods and individual games that represent the last straw, and we aren't anywhere near that.

Lampard in reality needs another window to at least have a credible chance of getting us the firepower to gain more points and move us up the table.

I'm a little disillusioned as he hasn't done better, but it must be borne out against the reality.

If he has potential to do better, I'd like to have seen a little evidence of that under trying circumstances as there will never be some day of days at Everton where everything is aligned in the managers favour. To some extent at least, anyone who takes the job here will have to make silk purse from sows ear.

It makes for another nervy season right the way through but unless we start to drop like a stone and can't pick up points at all, he will like stay, or at least probably should.

Keep us up again, but add to the squad in January first and see where that leaves us.

If we are having the same conversations this time next year, then I'd think its fair game to question him.

For now, and unless things do go quite further south, then its helmets on and heads down.

Don’t know what sort of miracles some of you expect tbh.

Hit a bit of dip here for sure, bust still improvement overall from last season.
Definitely need to bring in someone with some end product in January.

The knee jerking in here is pathetic, we can’t keep up this revolving door of managers and panicking every time things go downhill a bit or we’ll be doing this over and over for the next decade.

I think Frank has a contract until June 2024. With the World Cup imminent it might be a good idea to get the contract extended just in case any national positions become available, which is likely, post World Cup. Better to be safe than sorry ;)

Hit a bit of dip here for sure, bust still improvement overall from last season.

The knee jerking in here is pathetic, we can’t keep up this revolving door of managers and panicking every time things go downhill a bit or we’ll be doing this over and over for the next decade.
To be fair it's not pathetic, and this framing of the argument really doesn't help. I am very much Frank in, partly because I like him and partly because I just can't be bothered with yet another change of manager and direction. I don't think it's crazy not to agree with that view though. We're in a worrying position, and we have a manager who has no real track record to reassure people that we're in safe hands. We're basically asking people to have faith, but I understand that not everybody will, and with good reason in all honesty because they've been kicked in the teeth many times before. I'm not 100% sure Lampard is going to be the man to turn the club around but at the moment I feel like giving him the chance to prove me wrong is the best option. We're probably not that far away from me changing my mind on that though, and I'm sure lots of others are in the same boat, so I can't really moan at people who are already wavering.

Some of our fans going into this season with stupid unrealistic expectations of finishing in the top 10 hasn’t helped at all. No idea where we get the entitlement and delusion from to be honest, we used to be a fairly knowledgeable and patient set of fans. These past 18 months have been an all time low for this club and there just isn’t a manager alive and breathing who’s going to come in, click his fingers and make every problem vanish and we live happily ever after.

I think Frank has a contract until June 2024. With the World Cup imminent it might be a good idea to get the contract extended just in case any national positions become available, which is likely, post World Cup. Better to be safe than sorry ;)
Interesting you say this, I have wondered if we should consider Southgate after the WC if we fail to win these next two games

Some of our fans going into this season with stupid unrealistic expectations of finishing in the top 10 hasn’t helped at all. No idea where we get the entitlement and delusion from to be honest, we used to be a fairly knowledgeable and patient set of fans.
Agree on this, same as last season, some of the delusion then on were we should be was idiotic, especially after only spending 1.8m in the summer.

We need to be realistic, if Frank can get us about 10th it's something to build on.

We have to accept that not all progress is linear. Sometimes it takes time to make changes and adapt.

We’re all forgetting that last summer we were still in the midst of the FFP crisis. Personally I’m glad our first choice CB partnership is not Keane and Mina.

Our midfield was Gomes, Ali, Allan, Van de Beek and Doucoure! (Plus Siggy!)

It’s insane how bad our midfield was.

Turning that round takes more than one window.

Some of our fans going into this season with stupid unrealistic expectations of finishing in the top 10 hasn’t helped at all. No idea where we get the entitlement and delusion from to be honest, we used to be a fairly knowledgeable and patient set of fans. These past 18 months have been an all time low for this club and there just isn’t a manager alive and breathing who’s going to come in, click his fingers and make every problem vanish and we live happily ever after.
We have fans who still blame Moyes for us not being in the European elite, despite us being utterly rubbish both before he came and after he left, but quite good while he was here. That sort of delusion just can't be reasoned with.

If we hang on to Frank Lampard and this season ends like last season did, with us just avoiding relegation, does anyone feel that he should remain in charge for the 2023/24 season?

We have to accept that not all progress is linear. Sometimes it takes time to make changes and adapt.

We’re all forgetting that last summer we were still in the midst of the FFP crisis. Personally I’m glad our first choice CB partnership is not Keane and Mina.

Our midfield was Gomes, Ali, Allan, Van de Beek and Doucoure! (Plus Siggy!)

It’s insane how bad our midfield was.

Turning that round takes more than one window.
Yes, progress is rarely linear. On the other hand, what is perhaps a source of concern is that Lampard doesn't quite know which direction to go. For example, everyone knew the direction of Arteta's project at Arsenal, but the results were not forthcoming. Meanwhile, the performance was partly encouraging, and the underlying statistics were positive. Something he himself was ridiculed for.

I struggle to see this in Lampard's case. I don't care if he gets fired or not. In general, it is difficult to see any positive future for Everton. We just repeat the same mistakes. I can hardly bear to watch them play anymore. The Moyes period is just a distant memory, but god how I miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.