Paulo Sousa - Unemployed

Roberto Mancini - Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini - Atalanta

Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen
Niko Kovac - Wolfsburg
Thomas Frank - Brentford
David Moyes - West Ham

Feel free to add more.......
Top 4 wouldn’t go near us, middle two aren’t leaving the reigning European champions and European football for here

Bielsa bombed in the top flight with Leeds, AVB got the sack from both Spurs and Chelsea

Marcelino, Sousa and Seoane would be gambles, less so Kovac and Frank would be nuts to leave Brentford

Leaving Moyes who would probably swerve us anyway for snubbing bringing him back twice

Did anyone expect Ancelotti to join us in the bottom 3?

You don't know unless you try.
100% I agree and I'm sure moshiri already has the feelers out, I mean more can he pull it off again. Most good managers want money to spend and big wages and we're still in a tight spot in that regard I believe. I don't think Lampard sees the season out personally as I think he's probably underachieving with what he's got.

Top 4 wouldn’t go near us, middle two aren’t leaving the reigning European champions and European football for here

Bielsa bombed in the top flight with Leeds, AVB got the sack from both Spurs and Chelsea

Marcelino, Sousa and Seoane would be gambles, less so Kovac and Frank would be nuts to leave Brentford

Leaving Moyes who would probably swerve us anyway for snubbing bringing him back twice

this

Play Keane and that’s what you get ..! Want frank to succeed and maybe tonight’s loss will spur us on for the weekends more important game … loose and moshri may pull the trigger .. scary times !!

100% I agree and I'm sure moshiri already has the feelers out, I mean more can he pull it off again. Most good managers want money to spend and big wages and we're still in a tight spot in that regard I believe. I don't think Lampard sees the season out personally as I think he's probably underachieving with what he's got.
with no goals? no strikers?

any new manager is in the same f n boat

I do think he knows what he needs in the squad. He has brought in coady/tarks and Gana to give the team more of a spine. You could say without those 3 we would now be in the bottom 3.

Potentially we have 2 good young full backs who with more game time will get better.

The issue we have is our wide players and forwards are no threat and are easily bullied off the ball.

Add to this Calvert lewin being unfit and no richarlson is a big miss for us. We have the worst back up forwards in the league.

So I can sympathise with frank a bit.

But I can also see that he is still an inexperienced manager. He has to get more from this team. Have we scored from a set peice this season? Why do we lose possession constantly from throw ins?

Why don’t we mix it up a bit instead of trying to play possession football.

As a person he is great fit for our club. But as a manager the jury is still out.

We obviously don't know what is happening inside the club so we can't say they are or aren't taking the appropriate steps. But a competently run club would have realized we could reach a place where a change was necessary weeks ago and started doing the necessary leg work to hire someone actually qualified and ready to run the first team. If they have been doing this the trigger needs to be pulled. You're basically starting a second preseason and the new man can use that time to be up and running with whatever he wants to do by Boxing Day.

The more likely scenario is that we haven't done this. And that leaves us with three paths that I can see: Frank stays. Given the work done so far, including his inability to put together a preseason that actually built toward an end goal of how we wanted to play, I can't see that going well. We'll come back in a month the same as we are now.

Second is we sack him now and hire someone quickly to give them the most time we can over this break. That of course probably ends with us hiring some England based retread. Maybe we get lucky with that. Far more likely is we hire another person who will need to be sacked in 6 to 18 months.

And then third is we take the time to actually do the work and make a good hire. That wouldn't be the end of the world and is what I'd like to see us do. The problems there are first that we lose the advantage that this second preseason brings and then also that last time we took time to make a hire we ended up on Lampard.

It's just a bad spot once again and no one at the club gives me faith that we'll work our way out of it.

I think Lampard gets the full season personally. Has a bit of the Martinez feels about it where we would win 1 in 5 and just keep head above water.

Next season is the big one where the honeymoon period is over and expectations are higher than 17th.

I don’t think Lampard warrants sacking at this stage because the defence has looked solid when he have Coady and Tarkowski in it and they’ll play on Saturday.

The problem is the attack and that’s not down to Lampard is down to us having poor/no options because we could only do so much in the summer.

No manager is going to make Gray a world beater or Maupay a lethal striker. The only name from that list I’d be interested in is Tuchel and I don’t think he would come here given our current state.
If we are to replace then we should try for this guy imo: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...news/next-wolves-manager-bo-svensson-25172233

I really like Lampard, I think I'd still be behind him unless we were in the relegation zone in March. Saturday does feel like a make or break though, think many would understandably be done with him if we do lose and are in the bottom 3 until at least the world cup is over.

Please turn it around, Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back