2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. 6 weeks with no PL games is plenty of time even for slow coaches Everton to find a suitable replacement. Not sure they are capable though, club is just so badly ran from the top down. I never expected Frank to be this bad though tbh. In over his head trying to polish something that is incapable of shining.
I agree it's a shame really but sometimes it just doesn't click. I just don't see what he's trying to do at all.

I do think he knows what he needs in the squad. He has brought in coady/tarks and Gana to give the team more of a spine. You could say without those 3 we would now be in the bottom 3.

Potentially we have 2 good young full backs who with more game time will get better.

The issue we have is our wide players and forwards are no threat and are easily bullied off the ball.

Add to this Calvert lewin being unfit and no richarlson is a big miss for us. We have the worst back up forwards in the league.

So I can sympathise with frank a bit.

But I can also see that he is still an inexperienced manager. He has to get more from this team. Have we scored from a set peice this season? Why do we lose possession constantly from throw ins?

Why don’t we mix it up a bit instead of trying to play possession football.

As a person he is great fit for our club. But as a manager the jury is still out.
End of the day though regarding our fowards Gordon was linked with a big money move this summer, we spent on McNeil and he's widely regarded to have potential, Gray has proven he can provide when he's switched on, Maupay has consistently scored/ assisted 10+ goals for the last three seasons and we all know what Calvert Lewin is capable of if he stays fit. I agree its not amazing and could do with more depth but we definitely don't have the worst forward options in the league. I could think of a few teams with worse and worse elsewhere on the pitch also.

Been huge improvement in the premier league this season.
Leicester for me is the only game we have lost where we well beat.
United absolutely pulverised us for 80 minutes before we had a late rally and everyone forgot how bad we’d been. Newcastle led for over an hour and we didn’t even manage to have a shot. We were well beaten in both games, regardless of the final score.

Potentially with Maupay up front on Saturday, means we WON'T be scoring any goals. What the hell did Fronk/Thelwell see in this fella, kinhell !!!
He was all we could get that late in the window with the funds we had

Hopefully the first half of this season is a wake up call to the Board that we could get sucked into another relegation battle if we don't get reinforcements up front.

If we had a little more up front, we'll be fine.

Top 4 wouldn’t go near us, middle two aren’t leaving the reigning European champions and European football for here

Bielsa bombed in the top flight with Leeds, AVB got the sack from both Spurs and Chelsea

Marcelino, Sousa and Seoane would be gambles, less so Kovac and Frank would be nuts to leave Brentford

Leaving Moyes who would probably swerve us anyway for snubbing bringing him back twice
Italy are not at the world Cup, does Mancini have unfinished business in the PL or a rebuild challenge?

We dont know but I`m sure there will be agents moving in the background, like someone said the vultures will be circling with the amount of money Everton pay managers....

Totally agree, what's your instinct as to what will happen? And what do you think we should do?
I really think it will depend on the result Saturday. If we lose we can't be better than 17th (without a weird goal difference swing) and that'll get the attention of the board. Maybe he stays anyway, but if we draw and especially if we win nothing will happen.

I think that's a bad process. You have 15 league games of evidence that say this isn't going well regardless of how Saturday turns out so that one game shouldn't swing it one way or the other. I just think that's how it'll go though.

My personal opinion on what we should do is sack him, look around for a couple weeks, and hopefully find someone we can hire with adequate experience building longer term and preferably some kind of track record for getting a team to play above their standing. It also would be good if as a rule they had a tactical style that was compatible with the PL.

I don't really have a list right now. I mentioned the Knutsen guy at Bodo/Glimt in the past and he does intrigue me but I couldn't seriously say if that's a good idea without looking into it more.

Basically you are guessing. Would you have said Carlo would come? Money talks, throw enough cash and 90% of managers Would start to believe in a project
We threw big money at Ancelotti and he still ditched us first chance he got

Most of the unemployed names would go the same way as Koeman and Allardyce, zero motivation with fat wages, the only one who wouldn’t would maybe be Tuchel as some sort of point to prove after his Chelsea firing

I would avoid him to be honest because it says he did well with them after being a player there. It might just be that he knows that club and knew how to speak to what players they had.

I’d prefer a manager with a proven track record at more than one club as it shows they can adapt
That maybe but we need to move away from just targeting managers with PL experience all the time as it's such a limited market.

is the new manager banging goals in mate?

Did you say that when you were trying to get rid of the previous manager. Does it take a genius to realise lobbing the small up to midget Maupay will not result in chances/goal.
We are still conceding lots of chances so he hasn't improved anything, we just have 2 lads who throw their bodies on the line, you can't rely on that

He was all we could get that late in the window with the funds we had

Hopefully the first half of this season is a wake up call to the Board that we could get sucked into another relegation battle if we don't get reinforcements up front.

If we had a little more up front, we'll be fine.

this this this this you vultures

stop thinking that sacking him and a new manager changes it. it doesn’t

get him some strikers/ goals in jan

we be sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back