2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy are not at the world Cup, does Mancini have unfinished business in the PL or a rebuild challenge?

We dont know but I`m sure there will be agents moving in the background, like someone said the vultures will be circling with the amount of money Everton pay managers....
And that’s the problem, how many would see it as bank account padding with little motivation and how many as a challenge like Ancelotti did?

United absolutely pulverised us for 80 minutes before we had a late rally and everyone forgot how bad we’d been. Newcastle led for over an hour and we didn’t even manage to have a shot. We were well beaten in both games, regardless of the final score.
Fulham was as bad as Newcastle in going forward terrms but we held them out, so it gets brushed over, but in these games our performance was on par with those towards the end of Allardyce

We threw big money at Ancelotti and he still ditched us first chance he got

Most of the unemployed names would go the same way as Koeman and Allardyce, zero motivation with fat wages, the only one who wouldn’t would maybe be Tuchel as some sort of point to prove after his Chelsea firing

So we wouldn't show ambition in case Madrid comes knocking? Lol ok

Did you say that when you were trying to get rid of the previous manager. Does it take a genius to realise lobbing the small up to midget Maupay will not result in chances/goal.
We are still conceding lots of chances so he hasn't improved anything, we just have 2 lads who throw their bodies on the line, you can't rely on that

the previous manager lol he’s a stain in our history you beaut.

so like i said the new manager scoring goals?

thought not.

There hasn't really been any improvement from a points perspective. We may be conceding fewer goals but we are so toothless in attack that we are creating fewer chances than when we had under Walter Smith and Sam Allardyce. The 'huge improvement' line is a total myth. We remain threatened with relegation, same as last year.

But surely that's part of the rebuilding process? We lost 21 games last season. We had the 5th worst defence in the league.

We've brought in 8 new players. Currently have the 4th best defence in the league behind City, Arsenal, and Newcastle. We're building a solid foundation.

100% problems in attack. There's a January window. We're equally nearer the top 11 as at the bottom 3.

The idea that we sack Lampard and get someone else in...who then goes "oh" and brings in some attackers and we start scoring based on a foundation that's been laid and call them the saviour is ridiculous IMO.

He gets time in my book

There hasn't really been any improvement from a points perspective. We may be conceding fewer goals but we are so toothless in attack that we are creating fewer chances than when we had under Walter Smith and Sam Allardyce. The 'huge improvement' line is a total myth. We remain threatened with relegation, same as last year.
Conceding fewer goals though has been a complete fluke. We have conceded the most shots, 17 per game, of any team in the League. They are not even low value shots, we should have conceded 8 or 9 more goals than we have.

At the other end of the pitch we are 18th in terms of shots at the opposition goal. We are averaging 10 shots on the opposition goal whilst conceding 17 per game.

Moyes is feeling a bit stale at westham . Yes I'd take him. It can't get much worse than this. I'd love to know what we we're getting most weeks , you get that with Moyes. People are screaming out for stability myself included I just don't think Lampard is ever bringing that.
I was thinking this myself, with things going a bit stale there (even though I think he'll turn it around) I think he'd maybe jump at the chance if we came calling. Big "if" though, I personally think after us knocking him back for Ancelotti that the ship has sailed there, the chance of a return from our end has been and gone imo.

the previous manager lol he’s a stain in our history you beaut.

so like i said the new manager scoring goals?

thought not.

So you stick with a failing manager cos his striker isn't scoring?
Or do we stick with him despite the def/mid still making mistakes and conceding the same amount of shots against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back