2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time that i'm getting very dark thoughts here. I mean Frank saved us from relegation last season, after that kopite nearly took us down but we need to see a positive response on Saturday.

We can't follow up this disaster with another one. I really do want Frank to succeed here but he has to help himself as well.
I don't think that Frank saved us from relegation. Tbf he made it very hard for himself throwing away results at Burnley and at home to Brentford

If he was going to make so many changes tonight, he should have just put out the youth team. At least they play together every week.
Totally agree, or at least a few of them. I just don’t get that team selection tonight. Surely he’s seen enough of Keane, Mina & Holgate to know they are done here - Christ, it’s why he got coady and tarks ffs.

Hes getting a few things wrong, plus he is being shat on by these wages thieves we have pretending to be footballers, but I still want him and Thelwell to get a few more windows together - I’m sick of us sacking managers.

He found the blueprint against palace - why not keep that system and shape? Baffling and he’s not helping himself.

Conceding fewer goals though has been a complete fluke. We have conceded the most shots, 17 per game, of any team in the League. They are not even low value shots, we should have conceded 8 or 9 more goals than we have.

At the other end of the pitch we are 18th in terms of shots at the opposition goal. We are averaging 10 shots on the opposition goal whilst conceding 17 per game.

I agree, and it's more than just being a bit bad in front of goal, we aren't CREATING anything. It's just crap Allardyce football without the points.

I’m his head, when he picked that team, what did Lampard think was going to happen? ‘Hmmm, I played a back 3 last season using Keane and Holgate and we got battered every time. I wonder if it will work tonight? Yes, I’m sure it will. By God Frank you’re a football genius.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back