2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluke or a defence working as a team? Spurs have conceded more shots than we have. Brentford following up behind us. We still have currently the 4th best defence in the league.

We then have the worst attack in the league.

We've 1 game to go then it's a break and a transfer window. If we suddenly collapse and start conceding 4 goals a game...then it's a rethink.

yup

There's something that I am struggling to articulate, but I'll give it a go. It just seems completely "off" that you go into this game with a six week break looming and play that team.

It's almost like you're asking for the bullet. Ok, play the kids, lose 4-1 and we're all possibly ok. Play the first eleven and give it a proper go. But that team? No changes at half time? What's all that about?

But, to hopefully answer your point, I agree. I don't think he's got the midfield set up in any form that can realistically influence games in a positive way. I don't think he is going to be able to turn it around. I would really like it to be different, I just can't see it.
I said in the spring we should consider sacking him but the people who said he should get a preseason had a point. It is hard to completely change the style on the fly and he did have unique circumstances that could have prevented it. It was fair to do it this way even if I wasn't all the way on board personally.

But we had the preseason and it was disjointed. Which led into a disjointed start to the season. And that's just never really ended. We don't have a system or a shape aside from when we get really deep and defend our box. We don't even really do that all that well imo. It's just a matter of time before the number of shots we're conceding start to hurt us. It already did at Leicester.

So yeah I'm with you, I just don't see the path to salvation.

Fluke or a defence working as a team? Spurs have conceded more shots than we have. Brentford following up behind us. We still have currently the 4th best defence in the league.

We then have the worst attack in the league.

We've 1 game to go then it's a break and a transfer window. If we suddenly collapse and start conceding 4 goals a game...then it's a rethink.
Can you show your work or something because two different sites have us conceding the most shots so far

Totally agree, or at least a few of them. I just don’t get that team selection tonight. Surely he’s seen enough of Keane, Mina & Holgate to know they are done here - Christ, it’s why he got coady and tarks ffs.

Hes getting a few things wrong, plus he is being shat on by these wages thieves we have pretending to be footballers, but I still want him and Thelwell to get a few more windows together - I’m sick of us sacking managers.

He found the blueprint against palace - why not keep that system and shape? Baffling and he’s not helping himself.
We’ll see the top 6 clubs making a lot of changes tomorrow but they won’t be filling the team sheet with so much deadwood like us tonight. Really poor team selections.

I said in the spring we should consider sacking him but the people who said he should get a preseason had a point. It is hard to completely change the style on the fly and he did have unique circumstances that could have prevented it. It was fair to do it this way even if I wasn't all the way on board personally.

But we had the preseason and it was disjointed. Which led into a disjointed start to the season. And that's just never really ended. We don't have a system or a shape aside from when we get really deep and defend our box. We don't even really do that all that well imo. It's just a matter of time before the number of shots we're conceding start to hurt us. It already did at Leicester.

So yeah I'm with you, I just don't see the path to salvation.

That defensive record is totally unsustainable. It's a matter of time before that goes and then we're really circling the drain.

Marcelo Gallardo - Unemployed
Joachim Low - Unemployed
Mauricio Pochettino - Unemployed
Thomas Tuchel - Unemployed
Marcelo Bielsa - Unemployed
Andre Villas-Boas - Unemployed
Marcelino - Unemployed
Paulo Sousa - Unemployed

Roberto Mancini - Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini - Atalanta
Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen
Niko Kovac - Wolfsburg
Thomas Frank - Brentford
David Moyes - West Ham

Feel free to add more.......
Well when you put it like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back