2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superimposed1667941785185.webp

Ronald Lampard

You're absolutely right.

But I think you have to still go for it. You've got to make the right decision now and hope you can make the right one again later. Maybe we sack him and we do something horrendous like bringing in Dyche or Martinez. It wouldn't mean we were wrong to sack him I don't think.

There's something that I am struggling to articulate, but I'll give it a go. It just seems completely "off" that you go into this game with a six week break looming and play that team.

It's almost like you're asking for the bullet. Ok, play the kids, lose 4-1 and we're all possibly ok. Play the first eleven and give it a proper go. But that team? No changes at half time? What's all that about?

But, to hopefully answer your point, I agree. I don't think he's got the midfield set up in any form that can realistically influence games in a positive way. I don't think he is going to be able to turn it around. I would really like it to be different, I just can't see it.

I’m his head, when he picked that team, what did Lampard think was going to happen? ‘Hmmm, I played a back 3 last season using Keane and Holgate and we got battered every time. I wonder if it will work tonight? Yes, I’m sure it will. By God Frank you’re a football genius.’
He was probably thinking, we're not gonna win the Cup anyway, I'll remind our fans how bad the dross was that I had to keep us up last year, whilst reminding our Board of who needs to go in January. And I can do all this whilst playing 3D chess with our opponents with a brand new, hungry side on Saturday

Conceding fewer goals though has been a complete fluke. We have conceded the most shots, 17 per game, of any team in the League. They are not even low value shots, we should have conceded 8 or 9 more goals than we have.

At the other end of the pitch we are 18th in terms of shots at the opposition goal. We are averaging 10 shots on the opposition goal whilst conceding 17 per game.

Fluke or a defence working as a team? Spurs have conceded more shots than we have. Brentford following up behind us. We still have currently the 4th best defence in the league.

We then have the worst attack in the league.

We've 1 game to go then it's a break and a transfer window. If we suddenly collapse and start conceding 4 goals a game...then it's a rethink.

Depressing. Cant lock Bournemouth's seconds out. Two more gutless run arounds like this and Saturdays and he's in deep trouble. Get slapped about on Saturday and the murderers world cup might actually do for him as a turn around might be grasped at in a panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back