2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fluke or a defence working as a team? Spurs have conceded more shots than we have. Brentford following up behind us. We still have currently the 4th best defence in the league.

We then have the worst attack in the league.

We've 1 game to go then it's a break and a transfer window. If we suddenly collapse and start conceding 4 goals a game...then it's a rethink.

He is actually right. We have conceded the most shots. The stat you have seen which has us behind Spurs is chances from open play, we have more than double from set pieces at us compared to Spurs.

Opta says Spurs have conceded 169 shots from open play compared to our 165 unless I've read it wrong.

Gotcha. I wasn't filtering out set plays which if you look a little to the right we've conceded a ton from as well.

In fact I'm glad you posted this because our set piece defending is a complete mirage apparently. Matter of time that.

Marcelo Gallardo - Unemployed
Joachim Low - Unemployed
Mauricio Pochettino - Unemployed
Thomas Tuchel - Unemployed
Marcelo Bielsa - Unemployed
Andre Villas-Boas - Unemployed
Marcelino - Unemployed
Paulo Sousa - Unemployed

Roberto Mancini - Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini - Atalanta
Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen
Niko Kovac - Wolfsburg
Thomas Frank - Brentford
David Moyes - West Ham

Feel free to add more.......
The only person whose coming here, if Frank gets sacked, is Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo

Don’t try and kid yourself it will be anyone else but him.

Can you show your work or something because two different sites have us conceding the most shots so far

Unless I've read it wrong. Open play we're 2nd. Set plays added do take us over but...we haven't conceded from set plays

Marcelo Gallardo - Unemployed
Joachim Low - Unemployed
Mauricio Pochettino - Unemployed
Thomas Tuchel - Unemployed
Marcelo Bielsa - Unemployed
Andre Villas-Boas - Unemployed
Marcelino - Unemployed
Paulo Sousa - Unemployed

Roberto Mancini - Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini - Atalanta
Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen
Niko Kovac - Wolfsburg
Thomas Frank - Brentford
David Moyes - West Ham

Feel free to add more.......
Unless I missed something Gallardo is still managing River Plate.

But I'd make a big offer.

We’ll see the top 6 clubs making a lot of changes tomorrow but they won’t be filling the team sheet with so much deadwood like us tonight. Really poor team selections.
Exactly mate - they will be playing the young, hungry, eager to impress kids and not the tired, bloated, overpaid frauds that they have in their squad.

With the impending WC break there was no need to change the lineup too much, and he could have put a few of the kids in with the normal first team.

As soon as I saw the same old [Poor language removed] starting I feared the worst, regardless of who Bournemouth selected.

Unless I've read it wrong. Open play we're 2nd. Set plays added do take us over but...we haven't conceded from set plays
Which isn't going to continue. Here are the shot totals for teams conceding 0, 1 or 2 set play goals so far: 35, 71, 28, 27, 30, 22, 33, 48. Who is standing out?

He was probably thinking, we're not gonna win the Cup anyway, I'll remind our fans how bad the dross was that I had to keep us up last year, whilst reminding our Board of who needs to go in January. And I can do all this whilst playing 3D chess with our opponents with a brand new, hungry side on Saturday
Ah yes.. stuff the fans who made the trip down midweek. I’ll get tactically outdone by a caretaker manager against a 2nd XI’s championship team to show everyone how hard I have it.. then I’ll smash them and win at home and prove how good I am. Ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back