2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DOF doesnt get involved in squad politics mate.

Lampard goes to Big Kev Thelwell and says "right Kev I want A, B and C bringing in".

Kev the DOF and his scouting team identify players that fit A, B and C and bring them in with the managers blessing.

If Lampard wanted DCL as his main CF then Big Kev Thelwell doesn't take it upon himself to spend £50 million on a CF that the manager didn't request.
This is totally correct, one of the reasons we have such a bad squad is because in the padt we had too many people in the background buying players and identifying targets, thankfully those days are gone.

They won’t and he won’t score guaranteed
You mean like when King was disgusting frozen out by Carlo then came back too hurt us?
I don't think they will win, however if they do you can be sure the usual suspects will really turn on Frank, they won't be able to help themselves.

There's a difference between being opinionated and coming out with daft comments. For example like when you suggested posters were being paid to post negative comments on GOT.

Me you and @nsno-chris 4 weeks into this season.

money-moneymay.gif

I agree with all of this, but the thing still irking me is that the club are pathetic enough to let him go to the end of the window with Rondon as his only striking option, and we all know how that ends, bottom 3 and another uphill struggle all season.

The new players you mention might eventually change the shape and mindset of this squad and we have to live in hope.

But still too much deadwood in there to really progress this season.
Doucoure, Davies, Dele, Gray and of course the likes of Gomes are IMO not going to get much better than we have seen of them for the last 2 years.

Iwobi has improved under Lampard, but let’s please remember how low the bar was set with him.

We need Gana in immediately along with a decent couple of strikers to get rid of the half arsed losing mentality that the majority of this squad carry and have done since the end of season collapse under Carlo.

If you could sign a couple of players from overseas for £15-20mil each OR wait 2 weeks to try for £30mil level players at discount prices...

...then best to wait.

I think the recruitment is better this summer but if you're talking about a 3 year plan and building for the future. Coady and Tarkowski turn 30 this season and Gana the other big midfield target is 32.

Onana is the one more for now and the future.

Coady/Tarkowski are high quality stop gaps while the young players develop over the next 3 seasons.

By then we should have improved the squad immeasurably and those u21s like Branthwaite/Welch or future new signings may well have taken over from them.

This is totally correct, one of the reasons we have such a bad squad is because in the padt we had too many people in the background buying players and identifying targets, thankfully those days are gone.

Lampard has been backed by the DOF so far in what he has requested he needs to set up right which he currently isn't doing.

Pickford

Tarky Coady Holgate

Patterson Doucoure Iwobi Vineagre

Gordon King Salaman McNeil

Should have been the team against Villa which we would have likely come away with at least a point.

Instead he's indulging in Gordons fantasy of being a CF when he just isn't one.

Gray also needs benching.

Do yourself a favour Frank and go and find yourself a better job with a professionally ran club. These inept chancers will continue to do what they are good at and then blame you for everything and sack you. They have been doing it for years.

--------------------------Pickford-------------------------

Patterson------Coady------------Tarkowski----Mykolenko

----------------Gueye---Onana--Iwobi----------------------

-------------------------Gordon------------------------------

-----------------Alli---------------Rondon--------------------
NO

Do yourself a favour Frank and go and find yourself a better job with a professionally ran club. These inept chancers will continue to do what they are good at and then blame you for everything and sack you. They have been doing it for years.
This is true but the problem is he has taken us on. If we don't have a good season it will be hard for him to get another decent job, it's why I fully believe he will do everything he can to succeed, he is a top professional and born winner.

Just because certain players train well does not mean they have game smarts, Dele Ali should be starting and I refuse to be told otherwise when we have this crap up top

Status
Not open for further replies.