2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful lot of money….. maybe if we splurge £50m on a striker!
Pretty much his squad? Yesterday we started with 3 of his signings, one of them a free another a loan and bought another off the bench.
Right so the manager cannot be criticised and it's never his fault. There are loads of managers in the PL who don't have their own players but manage results.

If we lose to Forrest next week, watch as people do mental gymnastics to say 'ye but look at all the signings they've made'

So our signings 'need time' to bed in but they can upgrade their squad and get results immediately?
They didn’t last week with most of them playing, they’ll have it tough today even at home unless Moyes focuses on the Viborg game on Thursday

No hiding place for Lampard this season.

By the end of the window, we'll have spent an awful lot of money and it'll be pretty much his squad.

A lot of people are now beginning to criticise him and the super Frank chants have stopped.
It doesn't even have to be "his squad" for him to get the bullet. His predecessor spent the princely sum of 1.7m and was spat out of a cannon.

With a striker, we’d have a minimum of 2 points on the board imo. It’s not his fault we’ve not signed one.

There’s a clear plan, we look a lot more solid defensively but there’s not a lot he can do going forward with our lack of options.

We’ll be fine this season. Forest at home Saturday and then Fleetwood in the cup, we really, really do need to be winning those…

The problem is with our rancid medical department we'll never have a perfect squad so we need the manager to be creative at times and do what Moyes did for years turning water into wine.

For the Villa game he needed to play Rondon or Dele up top, Gordon out wide and Vinagre as a natural LWB - even if Rondon/Dele didnt do any better up top atleast you're strengthening out wide which is Gordons best position whereas the managers made 2 attacking positions weaker playing Gordon up top out of position.

Vinagre is a natural wingback who'll hug the touchline and bomb down the wing putting balls into the box that can go anywhere - instead he plays Myko who's a more defensive minded LB suited for a back 4.

It's simple stuff he's getting wrong and making the job harder than it has to be.

The problem is with our rancid medical department we'll never have a perfect squad so we need the manager to be creative at times and do what Moyes did for years turning water into wine.

For the Villa game he needed to play Rondon or Dele up top, Gordon oot wide and Vinagre as a natural LWB - even if Rondon/Dele didnt do any better up top atleast you're strengthening out wide which is Gordons best position whereas the managers made 2 attacking positions weaker playing Gordon up top oot of position.

Vinagre is a natural wingback who'll hug the touchline and bomb down the wing putting balls into the box that can go anywhere - instead he plays Myko who's a more defensive minded LB suited for a back 4.

It's simple stuff he's getting wrong and making the job harder than it has to be.
Yeah I think Rondon has to start Saturday, even though he’s crap just to add a bit of balance and hope the ball sticks.

I think when Rondon / DCL plays we’ll see more of Vinagre, Mykolenko just isn’t very good going forward is he. He’s improved a lot since joining but too often he’ll turn back instead of whipping the ball in.

Thing is with giving people time that only works if we are clear of a relegation fight. The signs are that’s where we are heading again. Whether that’s all on Lampard is irrelevant.

I’d take comfortably bottom half this season and would consider that par for us given where we are. Then another summer to fix the issues and then do better next season. But if we flirting with under 20 points at the half way mark again the heat will be on. And rightly so.

The squad isn’t going to change if we change the manager.

Every single one of the managers we’ve had going back to Koeman have all eventually gone to a back 5. They can’t all be wrong. They’ve all seen the limitations in the squad and decided that a back 5 is the best way to address it. It doesn’t seem to work but every manager has come to the same conclusion.

I’m sure that Frank will either work through with the back 5 and get it working how he wants or he’ll change tack to get results if they’re needed. We can’t just remain a team though that kicks long balls and chases after it with loads of passion. We’ll never progress like that.

Frank proved last season he can get results with these players so we shouldn’t be doubting him after two games that quite frankly could have seen two draws easily.

Right so the manager cannot be criticised and it's never his fault. There are loads of managers in the PL who don't have their own players but manage results.

Did I say that… criticise him for his tactics, his personnel selection, no problem.
‘Spent loads of money’ and ‘this is his squad’ is rubbish.

No realistic choice other than to stay with Lampard

Give him this season and then evaluate. Hope and think he will be a good manager for us and has already proved that decent pros and young talent want to come and play for him. Not to be under rated that quality considering where we are in the league the last few seasons. His coaching team seems decent too as we have to start to actually improve players whilst they are here which is something we haven't done for years (most have gone the opposite way once they are here)

Get Gana and a decent striker in and hopefully all will be well and we'll have something to build on.

Hopefully DCL comes back soon, fit and strong and remains injury free for the season, but we cant ignore the fact that his recent injuries seems to suggest we would be foolish to rely on him. Consequently, a decent striker this window and probably an upgrade in Jan or next summer is a must.
Give him a season and we will see how we are doing in the championship!

Stop talking oot yer rectum trying to point score on the internet like a 12 year old lol

I hope he does win a pot but can't see it like. He couldn't win one with Chelsea what hopes he got with our squad ?
Fronk, Frenk, King Salaman, The Rafatollah, plenty more where they came from!
Pot, kettle black comes to mind!

….as somebody who suggested we play Gordon as a central striker last season when DCL & Richarlison we’re both out, I understand why Lampard went for that option. Whilst we forfeit ‘back to goal‘ play, the idea is he can stretch the opposition running the other way. He doesn’t stick rigidly to central positions.

Alli could be a better option, but the impotency is not solely down to a central striker. The two adjoining are not providing genuine threat.

i do agree with @Zatara that we have to be patient, Lampard is building a side and we should give it until 10 games before we judge with more certainty.
Only thing is, Gordon hasn't really shown himself to be a finisher (yet) and he will probably spend more time chasing the ball than having it at his feet (where he is at his best in my opinion).

By all means give it a go, but he needs to move on from that experiment.

Yeah I think Rondon has to start Saturday, even though he’s crap just to add a bit of balance and hope the ball sticks.

I think when Rondon / DCL plays we’ll see more of Vinagre, Mykolenko just isn’t very good going forward is he. He’s improved a lot since joining but too often he’ll turn back instead of whipping the ball in.
Mykolenko isn’t a premier league left back, he is awful on the ball.

Fronk, Frenk, King Salaman, The Rafatollah, plenty more where they came from!
Pot, kettle black comes to mind!

How many of our fans call Gerrard Slippy? Martinez Brown Shoes? Suarez buckteeth?

I haven't a problem with a bit of creativity in fact I encourage it - makes a boring grey world a little more colourful no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.