2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll be fine this season. Forest at home Saturday and then Fleetwood in the cup, we really, really do need to be winning those…
We wont be fine until we have someone -or multiple people- who can put the ball in the net. As for Forest, if FL goes with the same lineup (Dacs aside) and "tactical plan" as the last 2 games he'll be 100% deserving of questioning if there are still 0 points on the board.

All these constant posts saying we'll be fine are just the same as all those posts we had last year when people argued point blank we weren't in a relegation fight.

I don't know if it's false hope, or just not a willingness to accept reality and our place in the game, but there's no basis for it. We have an extremely poor squad that has lost the goalscorer who kept us up. Things might improve before the end of the window but history suggests that they won't and we will either ignore the priority positions, or panic buy and overpay on rubbish.

Until I see evidence of a plan in place, I will continue to call out the club and predictions from fans that aren't based on reality.

All these constant posts saying we'll be fine are just the same as all those posts we had last year when people argued point blank we weren't in a relegation fight.

I don't know if it's false hope, or just not a willingness to accept reality and our place in the game, but there's no basis for it. We have an extremely poor squad that has lost the goalscorer who kept us up. Things might improve before the end of the window but history suggests that they won't and we will either ignore the priority positions, or panic buy and overpay on rubbish.

Until I see evidence of a plan in place, I will continue to call out the club and predictions from fans that aren't based on reality.

And I'm sure they'll listen Tim !

Instead he's indulging in Gordons fantasy of being a CF when he just isn't one.

Gray also needs benching.
Gray should be lucky to be anywhere near the bench never mind considered for a starting place, and the Gordon experiment is a joke to embarrassing levels; but FL will probably stick with it for "developing young player" reasons no matter how many points it costs.

Well said.

He's been extremely disappointing so far this season. Many bad decisions already. I think he solely cost us three points yesterday.
I’m sorry but that is so exaggerated. His hands are absolutely tied behind his back with our attacking options and the timing of our transfer incomings. For the first time, his system is starting to look okay, which is clearly due to the work he’s putting in with the team. Pep or Klopp wouldn’t have won us more than 2 points so far this season. I really believe that.

What exactly should he have done differently? For me I would have started Rondon yesterday to have a target man, and I’d have brought Dele on sooner in both games. Outside of that, what would you recommend?

I’m sorry but that is so exaggerated. His hands are absolutely tied behind his back with our attacking options and the timing of our transfer incomings. For the first time, his system is starting to look okay, which is clearly due to the work he’s putting in with the team. Pep or Klopp wouldn’t have won us more than 2 points so far this season. I really believe that.

What exactly should he have done differently? For me I would have started Rondon yesterday to have a target man, and I’d have brought Dele on sooner in both games. Outside of that, what would you recommend?
That. But he stuck with an 'attack' that, if persisted with, will probably score fewer than 10 goals between them all season.

That. But he stuck with an 'attack' that, if persisted with, will probably score fewer than 10 goals between them all season.
Fair enough and like I said I agree with those points. But if those are the “options” we’re talking about it’s so dire and not Lampard’s fault. Considering how long Dele has been here now and is still only considered a bit part role, I think we need to take something away from that. And how depressing is it that we’re talking about Rondon as a best option…

I'm a Lampard advocate, but my word he cost us 3 points yesterday. We look more dangerous with Dele and Rondon as targets to hit. Gordon looked miles better when they were occupying defenders. Also, Mykolenko is a solid defender but not necessary when we have a back 3, Vinagre needs to be playing in that system.

Absolutely spot on. It’s blind faith with Lampard and I don’t get it. We need him to get it right as we are running out of road in this league.

Read your posts since Jaffa was bulleted and Frank got the gig....i have.

You just throw in the little inuendo's and tit bits just waiting for him to fail.
Then to balance up its oh I want Fronk ( Fronk??? , whats that about ) to do well we should be 6th to 8th this season...then if he doesnt you are ready to slam him.
Almost everyon can see it , why cant you ?
You can just feel that the blobettes are waiting for Frank to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.