2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly. The focus in the summer was on shoring us up - and that was successful.

Unfortunately the two duds we hit were both of our already limited attacking recruits - but Coady, Tarkowski, Gana and Onana and have proven to be good business in hardening us defensively.

I remain anxious about what we're going to be able to get in terms of attacking reinforcements this window, but I think one good addition could make a big difference. Two even more so.

Good sensible reasoning...

Getting the right striker is not easy...

I would like 2 one for the future & an experienced striker....

The standard now seems to be 17th.

Lampard doesn't appear to bring anything to the table that can get us comfortably beyond that, and that in itself is only a modest ask.

This was the worry once the effects of the fist-thumping from last season and beginning of this started to subside.

You wonder what else is there.

I get the limitations, I certainly do, and desperately want to see him do better, but he said himself after the Palace game in May that his task was to ensure this didn't re-occur and, to date, with mitigating circumstances yes, he has singularly failed to improve our lot by any metric.

The way the club has been run over a long time but esp the last 5/6 years i'm surprised its even that level. Not intentional of course but i could reel off 20 odd players straight away this club shouldnt have touched. I dont work in that field but even i as just a fan of this club questioned the recruitment of so many before pen was put to paper.

As we stand right now however. The failure to recruit in the forward line is the main reason again. Its shambolic. And not rocket science. If you split the the table in half from 10th down we have the best defensive record. But the 2nd worst scoring record.
Who's even surprised looking at whats there to choose from.
By hook or by crook or sheer luck this club has to get a minimum of two forwards in. And pray they are not crap.

Nar should be going for the 3 points here, especially if caicedo and Mac allister are still missing like they have been.

I don't agree they are a "much" better team, they were just far more organised under potter and the new manager hasn't had enough time to input his own stamp on them yet.

We can beat these.
We will go for the 3 points. But 1 would be ok.

No they arent.

What good players do they have?

Utter horse manure that they are better than us.
All over they are better than us. Each of their players can pass to feet far better than our players. They can move the ball up the pitch far more efficiently.

I cant believe you're making a case for any of our players over theirs. Which Everton player gets in the Brighton team?

Good sensible reasoning...

Getting the right striker is not easy...

I would like 2 one for the future & an experienced striker....
If we could only get one player, I’d want a wide forward who can also play centrally if required.

Basically Richarlison. Which is, I recognise, a massive ask.

I’ve got a good feeling about Simms. He doesn’t need to be Kevin Campbell effective to make a positive contribution, and I think he’ll chip in with a few goals.

All over they are better than us. Each of their players can pass to feet far better than our players. They can move the ball up the pitch far more efficiently.

I cant believe you're making a case for any of our players over theirs. Which Everton player gets in the Brighton team?
All of them?

Unless your gonna sit there and tell me Danny Welbeck is better than DCL?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Before Emery came in at Villa they had the same amount as wins than us ( 3 )

After 4 games in charge Emery has the same amount of wins as us now.
Precisely.

I think Emery is obviously better tactically than Lampard and Villa have a better squad than us. I'm not sure you can gauge such a short period as whether they've improved the players - but definitely over the time Lampard has been here you can.

We need better players but the coaching in certain aspects could also clearly be better.

That being said, I don't think better coaching, right now, makes this squad not a relegation candidate. We do need an influx of quality at the top end of the pitch for that.

All of them?

Unless your gonna sit there and tell me Danny Welbeck is better than Dominic Calvert-Lewin?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Yes, I am telling you that.

Calvert-Lewin doesn't have a career in football. He's in semi-reitirement right now.

Precisely.

I think Emery is obviously better tactically than Lampard and Villa have a better squad than us. I'm not sure you can gauge such a short period as whether they've improved the players - but definitely over the time Lampard has been here you can.

We need better players but the coaching in certain aspects could also clearly be better.

That being said, I don't think better coaching, right now, makes this squad not a relegation candidate. We do need an influx of quality at the top end of the pitch for that.

Id have swapped their squad for ours in an instant. Gerrard wasnt getting enough from that squad that was quite clearly better.
With my hand on my heart i look at the Everton squad and the majority of them i just think..meh. very little there.

We will go for the 3 points. But 1 would be ok.
I don't think it would, we need to be taking 3 points every home game against teams who aren't in/around the top.

I agree 4 points from the next 2 games isn't bad, but if we get one tonight the pressure going into the Southampton games will.be horrid.

I don't think it would, we need to be taking 3 points every home game against teams who aren't in/around the top.

I agree 4 points from the next 2 games isn't bad, but if we get one tonight the pressure going into the Southampton games will.be horrid.
We need a change in our mindset as a fanbase. It's why our players crumble when they take to the pitch at GP: unrealistic expectations.

The truth is that a win against Brighton would be as unexpected as it would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.