2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the date of the poll and the question being asked. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but the best manager in history replaced Silva (permanently). If anyone choose Arteta over Ancelotti as our next manager in Nov 2019 they need their head testing. It's clear now that Arteta is a great manager; it wasn't clear at that time.

I never wanted Martinez, Koeman, BFS, FSW or Frank because there wasn't enough evidence of their abilities for me. I was keen on Silva, but tbf, he'd been in charge of Hull when they were relegated the season before. Martinez'had just won the FA cup with Wigan ffs and Koeman had had 2 good years with Soton.

It just goes to show we shouldn't be too cocksure about our after-the-fact opinions. Few of the board's decisions were obviously wrong at the time (I don't excuse Sam and Benitez even without hindsight).
It would probably be helpful if we stopped expecting a fan base of hundreds of thousands of different people with different levels of investment and knowledge to be able to make decisions as well as a 5 person board who are literally tasked with making them I think.

I'm confused, what's the difference between him accepting he will be dismissed, and him being dismissed?
Not defending the board but in fairness I think there’s more to sacking a manager than people sometimes make out. I assume it’s a case of him being told he’s getting sacked but the legalities need sorting before it’s announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back