2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really hope he gets a good result on Saturday, a loss would see us 7 points worse off then after three games last season, got a bad feeling some would turn on him if things go wrong
Turning on him makes no sense. Some of us never rated him, don't rate him, and wonder why he was ever appointed. If we manage to lose again at the weekend, I won't be turning on him. I just won't be surprised. That said, he deserves his chance to prove himself. He's done the first part: ensured our survival. On the date of his appointment, that was the basic job requirement. So, he's earned the chance to build on that. The jury will be out for a while on whether he can successfully build on survival - and I don't think he ever will, to be honest - but the major issue is in the boardroom. They continuously - with the exception of Carlo - appoint the wrong manager. Even if I don't think Lampard has a clue, I'm pretty sure Moshiri couldn't pick a replacement that would make sacking Frank worthwhile.

He'll be here until he manages himself out of the job. I've always said the earliest time he does that is November. The World Cup break holds great peril for Frank - and current results suggest he is headed right into the eye of that storm. Early days, yet, though.

He talks a good game, yet to product the results..........
I actually don't fall fool for none of it. And I'm skeptical that he is an actual manager yet. Probably wouldn't have picked him.

Just any person needs few years baring a disaster.

The board are getting him players, have you paid any attention to what has been going on, lots of squad changes

I've paid very close attention to our terrible recruitment and targeting of completely the wrong positions, leaving the manager without a single goalscorer.

If this is supposed to be good recruitment, then I don't want to know what bad recruitment is. The manager has no chance with this appalling, and totally unbalanced squad.

Turning on him makes no sense. Some of us never rated him, don't rate him, and wonder why he was ever appointed. If we manage to lose again at the weekend, I won't be turning on him. I just won't be surprised. That said, he deserves his chance to prove himself. He's done the first part: ensured our survival. On the date of his appointment, that was the basic job requirement. So, he's earned the chance to build on that. The jury will be out for a while on whether he can successfully build on survival - and I don't think he ever will, to be honest - but the major issue is in the boardroom. They continuously - with the exception of Carlo - appoint the wrong manager. Even if I don't think Lampard has a clue, I'm pretty sure Moshiri couldn't pick a replacement that would make sacking Frank worthwhile.

He'll be here until he manages himself out of the job. I've always said the earliest time he does that is November. The World Cup break holds great peril for Frank - and current results suggest he is headed right into the eye of that storm. Early days, yet, though.
The results maybe but I.do think you can see he is trying to do something, just missing the odd player.
The belief and unity is there from the players, I didn't gave a problem with either performance, 2 narrow losses and one was only a Doucoure moment away from a draw.

November though as you say, at least, no chance we head for another change, we've damaged ourselves doing that too quick in the past.

I've paid very close attention to our terrible recruitment and targeting of completely the wrong positions, leaving the manager without a single goalscorer.

If this is supposed to be good recruitment, then I don't want to know what bad recruitment is. The manager has no chance with this appalling, and totally unbalanced squad.
This might have some small basis in reality but your forgetting the work we have done at the back, we could of bought 2 strikers and no defenders, and been in a bigger mess.
Were getting this window right, it's still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.