Friedkin's To Do list.

Oh I agree mate. It's not easy, but turnaround and momentum can happen quickly.

If it goes to plan, we will have a stadium, with huge momentum, and additional income from that of maybe 50m. If you throw in additional sponsorships maybe 100m a year extra.

That is transformative for us, whichever way you look at it. The question, is going to be cancelled they get people in place to maximise that?

But look, we got 48 points last season with a woeful squad. So to eek out 10 points more is not that far off.

More broadly, I think you're seeing some of those "top 6" teams fraying, but thats probably a slightly different argument.
We aren’t going to win on money alone though. We have to be smarter in some way.

We aren’t going to win on money alone though. We have to be smarter in some way.

No we are not, and it's a valid point. Newcastle and Villa didn't win on money alone though, but I do wonder if to some extent the direction of travel is as important as the amount spent? So effectively having a big increase in spend, even if you spend less overall benefits you?

The revenue figure is going to go up, perhaps 30%, perhaps 50%. If you exclude TV revenues, this is going to be substantially higher. At the same time as interest costs, and stadium costs disappearing. That is a huge momentum shift.

You are right though, the last equivalent one of these we had was early Moshiri, and he left the same idiots in charge and the opportunity to go beyond 6/7th was wasted. That's why I said above, the key critical bit is getting the right people in charge.

If you get good people though, some perhaps with experience in their wider org, and ally that to the increased revenues, it will feel markedly different.

Couple of interesting posts on toffeeweb , one was scrap everything traditional about Everton including z cars , he then went of to suggest U2 “ where the streets have no name “ to be our brand new anthem finished off with the z cars siren

A miserable song about Belfast - sung by the insufferable Bono - wouldn’t get my blood pumping.

It’d be worse than that time a U2 song appeared on everyone’s iPhone uninvited.

Roma are a major institution within parochial Italian football but Everton have the greater potential financially given their Premier League ambitions and the worldwide exposure that goes with it so TFG really need to focus on getting us back to the top table.

It will take time we know but the primary target has to be keeping us in the PL this season ahead of our move to BMD. If we can/do then it's all systems go next Summer. Whatever happens in the interim re. Manager/Coach is anybody's guess but I don't expect Dyche to still be here at Christmas barring an absolutely amazing turnaround in our fortunes. However, he certainly won't be getting a new contract, I think we can all agree on that.

I get where you are coming from, and I'm a real realism first type guy, but I'm not sure we are so far away with the right owners. Aston Villa, and Newcastle, from worse positions than us turned around quickly.

You're correct.

Whilst under Moshiri next summer looked to be a catastrophic point in terms of what the squad will look like

As it stands I think we have 12 senior played under contract (14 if you stretch it to include Dixon and Armstrong)

Pickford, Mykolenko, O'Brien, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Patterson, Garner, Tim, McNeil, Ndiaye, Beto, Chermiti, Dixon, Armstrong.

With no money and Branthwaite having to be sold we'd be down to 13 plus whatever we could reinvest from Branthwaite - likely no more than 35m of which would be used.

So a catastrophic situation.

Now we cleared debts, will have investment to spend and likely IF we did sell Branthwaite would be able to reinvest all.

So if TFG say have a net spend of 100m first summer (which is pretty much what they spent first season net at Roma) so the best estimate of what they may initially spend.

Then can forsee the following DCL new contract - make the Lindstrom loan permanent

Numbers are now at 16, 17m paid out.

Gives us roughly 80m to add 6-7 players to the first team squad, adding in S couple of loans, would get the squad up to 24-25 players.

There won't be any huge 40-50m plus signings incoming, just guys in the 10-15m range.
If Branthwaite was sold then obviously you can add 70-80m to those figures (or even say 45-50) which won't alter the numbers of players but likely means a few cone in at higher values.

Sometimes building from a clean slate almost with practically zero bloat or surplus remaining in the entire squad can be hugely beneficial when trying to build or change things

Simply put next summer building an Everton squad whilst challenging in terms of numbers needed, doesn't have any obstacles remaining in terms of new players coming in meaning we end up with guys surplus to requirements sitting earning 100k plus over week.

The key to everything though is to spend this investment smartly and with a coherent team building plan around the type of manager and system we want long term in place.

So target the same profile of players like Lindstrom, Ndiaye, O'Brien, Bove, Prighones - guys with lots of potential who were all available for 12-20m

Couple of interesting posts on toffeeweb , one was scrap everything traditional about Everton including z cars , he then went of to suggest U2 “ where the streets have no name “ to be our brand new anthem finished off with the z cars siren

Yeah really want our players running out to a song whose opening lines are these

I wanna run
I wanna hide

A miserable song about Belfast - sung by the insufferable Bono - wouldn’t get my blood pumping.

It’d be worse than that time a U2 song appeared on everyone’s iPhone uninvited.

Songs not about Belfast mate that's an urban myth.

Agree about Bono though, an utter bell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back