Friedkin's To Do list.

You're correct.

Whilst under Moshiri next summer looked to be a catastrophic point in terms of what the squad will look like

As it stands I think we have 12 senior played under contract (14 if you stretch it to include Dixon and Armstrong)

Pickford, Mykolenko, O'Brien, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Patterson, Garner, Tim, McNeil, Ndiaye, Beto, Chermiti, Dixon, Armstrong.

With no money and Branthwaite having to be sold we'd be down to 13 plus whatever we could reinvest from Branthwaite - likely no more than 35m of which would be used.

So a catastrophic situation.

Now we cleared debts, will have investment to spend and likely IF we did sell Branthwaite would be able to reinvest all.

So if TFG say have a net spend of 100m first summer (which is pretty much what they spent first season net at Roma) so the best estimate of what they may initially spend.

Then can forsee the following DCL new contract - make the Lindstrom loan permanent

Numbers are now at 16, 17m paid out.

Gives us roughly 80m to add 6-7 players to the first team squad, adding in S couple of loans, would get the squad up to 24-25 players.

There won't be any huge 40-50m plus signings incoming, just guys in the 10-15m range.
If Branthwaite was sold then obviously you can add 70-80m to those figures (or even say 45-50) which won't alter the numbers of players but likely means a few cone in at higher values.

Sometimes building from a clean slate almost with practically zero bloat or surplus remaining in the entire squad can be hugely beneficial when trying to build or change things

Simply put next summer building an Everton squad whilst challenging in terms of numbers needed, doesn't have any obstacles remaining in terms of new players coming in meaning we end up with guys surplus to requirements sitting earning 100k plus over week.

The key to everything though is to spend this investment smartly and with a coherent team building plan around the type of manager and system we want long term in place.

So target the same profile of players like Lindstrom, Ndiaye, O'Brien, Bove, Prighones - guys with lots of potential who were all available for 12-20m

We can hopefully get a couple of full backs in for january, even just good solid squad options will help going forward. If we go into next summer with a foundation of Pickford, 2 new full backs, Mykolenko, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, O'Brien, then we will be fairly stable in defence.

Midfield, I'd give Gana another year tbh, so him, Garner and Tim. Not a bad starting point with a good transfer pot.

If we can get ourselves to that position for next summer, with decent money to spend, then priorities will be strikers, replace Brranthwaite and bring in wide and midfield options, with hopefully Lindstrom nailing a contract.

Couple of interesting posts on toffeeweb , one was scrap everything traditional about Everton including z cars , he then went of to suggest U2 “ where the streets have no name “ to be our brand new anthem finished off with the z cars siren
They'll have us running out to The Yellow Rose of Texas.

You're correct.

Whilst under Moshiri next summer looked to be a catastrophic point in terms of what the squad will look like

As it stands I think we have 12 senior played under contract (14 if you stretch it to include Dixon and Armstrong)

Pickford, Mykolenko, O'Brien, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Patterson, Garner, Tim, McNeil, Ndiaye, Beto, Chermiti, Dixon, Armstrong.

With no money and Branthwaite having to be sold we'd be down to 13 plus whatever we could reinvest from Branthwaite - likely no more than 35m of which would be used.

So a catastrophic situation.

Now we cleared debts, will have investment to spend and likely IF we did sell Branthwaite would be able to reinvest all.

So if TFG say have a net spend of 100m first summer (which is pretty much what they spent first season net at Roma) so the best estimate of what they may initially spend.

Then can forsee the following DCL new contract - make the Lindstrom loan permanent

Numbers are now at 16, 17m paid out.

Gives us roughly 80m to add 6-7 players to the first team squad, adding in S couple of loans, would get the squad up to 24-25 players.

There won't be any huge 40-50m plus signings incoming, just guys in the 10-15m range.
If Branthwaite was sold then obviously you can add 70-80m to those figures (or even say 45-50) which won't alter the numbers of players but likely means a few cone in at higher values.

Sometimes building from a clean slate almost with practically zero bloat or surplus remaining in the entire squad can be hugely beneficial when trying to build or change things

Simply put next summer building an Everton squad whilst challenging in terms of numbers needed, doesn't have any obstacles remaining in terms of new players coming in meaning we end up with guys surplus to requirements sitting earning 100k plus over week.

The key to everything though is to spend this investment smartly and with a coherent team building plan around the type of manager and system we want long term in place.

So target the same profile of players like Lindstrom, Ndiaye, O'Brien, Bove, Prighones - guys with lots of potential who were all available for 12-20m
Agree that keeping costs under control is key so that we don't go full Moshiri again.

I realy felt that early-Moshiri we just went for the same calibre of target as pre-Moshiri (outstanding lower-prem targets like Bolasie and Siggy) - just paid more - impatience. I guess he was in a misguided rush to the champions league.

The frugality and patience of Moyes really paid off in the squad eventually - I'm hoping to see the same with Kevs signings this season - NDiaye, OBrien, Lindstrom, Mangala, Chermiti.

But if its not Kev then a DoF with an eye on talent outside of the PL - PL experience is important but we can be the ones to give it.

Couple of interesting posts on toffeeweb , one was scrap everything traditional about Everton including z cars , he then went of to suggest U2 “ where the streets have no name “ to be our brand new anthem finished off with the z cars siren
Like changing the traditions is going to make any difference to performance. Start with a bonfire of staff and, once you've swept up the ashes, improve the club management, team management, players and pies, and then maybe you can start messing about with stuff that serves no purpose other than to make fans angry.

Agree that keeping costs under control is key so that we don't go full Moshiri again.

I realy felt that early-Moshiri we just went for the same calibre of target as pre-Moshiri (outstanding lower-prem targets like Bolasie and Siggy) - just paid more - impatience. I guess he was in a misguided rush to the champions league.

The frugality and patience of Moyes really paid off in the squad eventually - I'm hoping to see the same with Kevs signings this season - NDiaye, OBrien, Lindstrom, Mangala, Chermiti.

But if its not Kev then a DoF with an eye on talent outside of the PL - PL experience is important but we can be the ones to give it.

Thelwell has done pretty well under very tough financial restrictions i feel. There has been mistakes Beto for me the main one, Maupay not far behind, but you also have to look at the ones he could not get over the line. Diaz at Liverpool, Kudus at West ham, Gnonto, the Brighton winger who went to Villa. He knows a player, our finances and psr were against him.

I haven't looked at Toffeeweb for a while now, but in some ways I share the sentiments about out with the old, in with the new.
I don't know if it's just me, a relatively new social media participant, but seeing how others view us as a stale product, then perhaps we should bite the bullet and emerge like a butterfly out of the chrysalis as a brand new entity.

Thelwell has done pretty well under very tough financial restrictions i feel. There has been mistakes Beto for me the main one, Maupay not far behind, but you also have to look at the ones he could not get over the line. Diaz at Liverpool, Kudus at West ham, Gnonto, the Brighton winger who went to Villa. He knows a player, our finances and psr were against him.

I think it's fair to say that he build up a young team at Wolves that got 7th the 2 seasons after promotion with players like Nunes, Jota and Neto for example that came under him and were sold for a huge profit, also players like Gibbs White and Kilman that didn't play a role back then, but were sold for huge profit later on.

Clearly has a good eye for talents... Maupay didn't work, Beto so far also not. But overall he did alright with the 200m invested here.

I haven't looked at Toffeeweb for a while now, but in some ways I share the sentiments about out with the old, in with the new.
I don't know if it's just me, a relatively new social media participant, but seeing how others view us as a stale product, then perhaps we should bite the bullet and emerge like a butterfly out of the chrysalis as a brand new entity.

Still full of ageing drunks posting pompous twaddle.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back