Friedkin's To Do list.

One more for the list - Please do not allow that ‘Operation Goodison Exercise’ nonsense to carry over to BMD. In 2025 and in a brand new just safety approved new venue, it should not be required.

Deafening, kills any atmosphere at the time and very small time.

I don't think you're right about that one. Wikipedia, citing U2.com and an interview with Bono, disagrees anyway.

But regardless, it could be about the streets of Walton and I'd still feel glum having to listen to it every game.

Bonos on record saying he wrote it on the back of a sick bag when going to Ethiopia with his wife, saying his great it'd be if like in parts of the world no ody identified with what street they came from or what area etc, so yeah there's some hidden reference most likely to Belfast etc, but it's typical Bono - write lyrics stuck s meaning on afterwards kinda crap.

Loved U2 when I was younger, but never liked that song actually,

Agree that keeping costs under control is key so that we don't go full Moshiri again.

I realy felt that early-Moshiri we just went for the same calibre of target as pre-Moshiri (outstanding lower-prem targets like Bolasie and Siggy) - just paid more - impatience. I guess he was in a misguided rush to the champions league.

The frugality and patience of Moyes really paid off in the squad eventually - I'm hoping to see the same with Kevs signings this season - NDiaye, OBrien, Lindstrom, Mangala, Chermiti.

But if its not Kev then a DoF with an eye on talent outside of the PL - PL experience is important but we can be the ones to give it.

Agree mate, seemed like I stead of negotiating we just acted like Billy big bollocks, asking a club what they wanted and paying whatever they quoted us.

No negotiating just trying to act like money didn't matter etc.

Stupid as hell as it meant we set about 6 club records for other teams biggest ever transfers.

To of my head I think Gbanim (25m Mainz) , Bolasie (25m Palace), Godfrey (20m Norwich), Siggurdson (45m Swansea), Tosun (27m Beskitas) , Lookman 11m Charlton), Pickford (25m Sunderland) Keane (30m Burnley), Onyekuru (7m Eupen), Richarlison (50m Watford) all smashed the records for those clubs,

Not even including ones I do t think we're records but still alarmingly high 33m Onana from Lille, 25m Kean from Jive, 17m Mykolenko from Kiev.

Then you have the utter horror show of paying 20-30m for a host of players who busted out at big clubs AND where not even young.

Iwobi, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Mina, Digne, Gomes, Klaasen, Williams, Doucoure.

I'm not far wrong to suggest we on a stage spent double a player's worth (and I'm talking a players worth now - some 4-5 years in from most)

Even the successful ones here we paid way too much for.

We also did not seem to understand the correlation between a big club having a no longer wanted player there on huge wages, and that this ensured the buying club can significantly lower down the asking price as the market for clubs able to pay those wages is very small.

So we buy three unwanted busts from Barca and we give Barcelona a profit on two of the three.

Digne we paid 4m than Barca did from PSG.
Mina we gave Barca a 18m profit on a player who hardly didn't play for them in two years based on his world cup showing.
Gomes we paid 25m for 12 less than Barca did.

So Barca made 10m total profit on three players who'd failed at the club, were in huge wages and who they wanted rid off

We also gave all three players who'd failed at Barca an actual pay increase in top to compound the idiocy.

Same for Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin - none took paycuts for joining, we paid top dollar for each like they were being fought over by elite clubs when they were not.

We paid the type of money for Bolasie, Klaasen, Tosun, Richarlison, Pickford, Gbanim, Godfrey, Keane. Like we were in a bidding war with United, Chelsea and Real Madrid.
Rather than competing against mid to lower table teams for them (or nobody at all).

Even the prospects who showed promise we paid the type of money you'd expect for way more proven players like Onana and Kean.

I think it's fair to say that he build up a young team at Wolves that got 7th the 2 seasons after promotion with players like Nunes, Jota and Neto for example that came under him and were sold for a huge profit, also players like Gibbs White and Kilman that didn't play a role back then, but were sold for huge profit later on.

Clearly has a good eye for talents... Maupay didn't work, Beto so far also not. But overall he did alright with the 200m invested here.
Jorge Mendes controlled the ins/outs at Wolves mate, hence the large influx of Portuguese players, Thelwell had very little say in matters, he seems to have been more involved with Wolves Academy (which is highly rated tbf)

Are you saying that deliberately because every influencer has recently been talking about how LITTLE the Friedkin group communicate with supporters?

Don't worry about communicating with your words, communicate with your actions.
It's been made clear the family dont communicate but they do hire CEOs to do that for them.

Are you saying its unreasonable for a Shareholders Association over 100 years old not to be ignored by people who've been involved with the club for 5 minutes?

It's been made clear the family dont communicate but they do hire CEOs to do that for them.

Are you saying its unreasonable for a Shareholders Association over 100 years old not to be ignored by people who've been involved with the club for 5 minutes?
My question would be, are there examples of mega successful clubs that DO NOT host such events?

And, if we see the club making continual progress on and off the pitch, isn't that the only thing that matters?

My question would be, are there examples of mega successful clubs that DO NOT host such events?

And, if we see the club making continual progress on and off the pitch, isn't that the only thing that matters?

In some respects, yes. But each club have their traditions and ours has always had a very active and vociferous shareholder organisation. It's what made Everton different , for example, to Liverpool FC - who's boardroom traditionally lorded it over a disorganised and passive membership. It's only lately that Liverpool fans have rallied around a mob like the Spirit of Shankly.

All organisations should endeavour to bring the base with them and not dictate to them.

@Damo_1878

In some respects, yes. But each club have their traditions and ours has always had a very active and vociferous shareholder organisation. It's what made Everton different , for example, to Liverpool FC - who's boardroom traditionally lorded it over a disorganised and passive membership. It's only lately that Liverpool fans have rallied around a mob like the Spirit of Shankly.

All organisations should endeavour to bring the base with them and not dictate to them.

@Damo_1878
HE'S STARTED TAGGING DAMO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back