Front page article - The Harsh Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the OP. Isn’t there a way out of this though? Can’t we just pause the stadium build?

I'm guessing this is the intention of the continual drip-drip of information. We can't currently afford to continue with it until after 777 or whoever else take over (and possibly not even then either). So if it comes down to the choice of saving the stadium build or saving the club, the stadium build will be paused, dependent upon whatever conditions are in the contract with LoR. I don't work in construction, but my guess is they'd (LoR) much prefer to pause while they've been paid up to date, rather than getting to a stage where we can't pay, and the arrears get to a level they won't continue past without payment.

Hello friend. I speak to you from the city of Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We are separated by distance and united by the passion, love and suffering dedicated to Everton FC. As you asked me, I will describe how I and the other fans here in America perceive your behavior. On game days, broadcast on ESPN here in Brazil, we didn't notice the 100% support of those who went to Goodison Park. IT IS A MYTH TO SAY THAT THE ATMOSPHERE IS VIBRANT DURING THE 90 MINUTES. We see on television many people sitting, just watching the match as if they were in a theater or in their living room. This attitude has to change... There is a lack of use of instruments at Goodison Park. Take the example of Cristal Palace. That's what I'm talking about... There's no noise to fight the opponents... More chants, more banners, more charges against Sean Dyche and the players. Glawds Street must be a powder keg. Here in Brazil we have organized supporter groups, when the club is in crisis, "every day" about 20 people go to the Training Center and take sound instruments, we demand vehemently from the managers and players... This attitude has an impact in the media and bothers the Club. YOU GUYS NEED TO BOTHER BILL AND FARAH. This has to happen every day... If we don't do our part, we'll go to the Championship. I suggest taking a drum and a megaphone to Goodison Park on match days. Wear a white shirt to stand out in the crowd. Soon, other E
vertonians will join this group. We could exchange many experiences and grow together, like TOFFEES. If you wish, this is my WhatsApp here in Brazil. A blue hug. +55 31
You've given this number to @chicoazul my son? Really??
I do hope you like videos of copulating Rhinos.

God bless.

I can't get past the claim that we need an extra 1m per day to keep running. That is an additional 365 million, on top of our existing outgoings per year, which would bring our annual spend up to about half a billion quid a year.
Are we building a new stadium every year?

I apologise if this is going over old ground or isn't accurate.

Do we still lease Finch Farm? and own Goodison?

If BMD does get completed and we do move in, could we move the training facility to goodison. Would that shave some more operating cash?

Im sure im wrong. The way 777 talk they'd probably sell goodison or develop "goodison gardens" housing estate.

I apologise if this is going over old ground or isn't accurate.

Do we still lease Finch Farm? and own Goodison?

If BMD does get completed and we do move in, could we move the training facility to goodison. Would that shave some more operating cash?

Im sure im wrong. The way 777 talk they'd probably sell goodison or develop "goodison gardens" housing estate.
The council own it.

The club will continue in some form or other regardless. If we go into administration it will almost certainly be bought over. Everton is still a huge name in British football and plenty would jump at the chance to try to reinvigorate the club.

Is relegation a disaster in the short term? Yes. However, if the club then sorts out its financial situation, builds a competitive team in the championship and scraps its way back into the PL then things can rebuild from there. Things look pretty dire at the moment on the pitch and off it, so the opportunity for a total reset maybe isn’t the worst thing in the world.

Obviously the best case scenario is that we’re taken over by responsible owners who can secure all the necessary funding for the stadium, invest just enough to keep us up in the meantime and sort out the business side of things. We’ll see. Personally I think January could come too late for us even if these 777 people are able to invest a bit in the squad.

The club will continue in some form or other regardless. If we go into administration it will almost certainly be bought over. Everton is still a huge name in British football and plenty would jump at the chance to try to reinvigorate the club.

Is relegation a disaster in the short term? Yes. However, if the club then sorts out its financial situation, builds a competitive team in the championship and scraps its way back into the PL then things can rebuild from there. Things look pretty dire at the moment on the pitch and off it, so the opportunity for a total reset maybe isn’t the worst thing in the world.

Obviously the best case scenario is that we’re taken over by responsible owners who can secure all the necessary funding for the stadium, invest just enough to keep us up in the meantime and sort out the business side of things. We’ll see. Personally I think January could come too late for us even if these 777 people are able to invest a bit in the squad.
Administration doesn't remove debt that is owed to football clubs, players, the government, nor debt secured against revenue streams or assets.

We may be a huge name in football but we'd be a club with no stadium, no training centre, no players, a points deduction and around 250-350m of money that has to be paid in full before we can kick a ball.

Nobody is going to pay the 300m for a shell of a club. That is more than Leeds cost, twice what Southampton went for in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back