GAA 2024

Ulster GAA have announced there will be no McKenna cup next year. Disappointing news even if it has lost most of its appeal over recent years. I always loved the game at the start of January to blow the Christmas cobwebs away.

Sad, but makes sense there is a hell of a lot games being squeezed into the schedule then Sigurson, Club could still be going, County training loads building up and build up to leauge.

Don’t know about Ulster, but the gate for O’Byrne games goes into a player fund to help during injuries. Maybe that time has passed now Counties are so well set up.

The new schedules a mess in my opinion.

Championship should finish up the end of August in my opinion.

It’s a long winter (for some of us)! :lol:

Sad, but makes sense there is a hell of a lot games being squeezed into the schedule then Sigurson, Club could still be going, County training loads building up and build up to leauge.

Don’t know about Ulster, but the gate for O’Byrne games goes into a player fund to help during injuries. Maybe that time has passed now Counties are so well set up.

The new schedules a mess in my opinion.

Championship should finish up the end of August in my opinion.

It’s a long winter (for some of us)! :lol:
It’ll be a short and happy winter in Armagh but I will miss the McKenna Cup nonetheless. Hopefully our club U21 season takes us well into October to give us something to get out of the house for though!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back