GAA 2024

Clare 1-11 Cork 1-13, we were winning by five points at half- time but Clare to be fair came back hard in the second half.

Still though i'm happy with the win. Clare are always tough to beat in Ennis.

We'll need to see a big improvement against Donegal the next day now.

We trounced Tipp by almost twenty points in Thurles. Alan Connolly got a hat trick as well.

In fairness Tipp were a shambles as well i'd say. We can only beat what's put in front of us though and we did that with aplomb.

Results next week will dictate whether we go through to the next stage or not, but the future is bright for Cork hurling i think.

Clare and Waterford was a nail bitter. Clare again not putting a team in Ennis to the sword when they were on top but got there in the end.
If Clare beat Tipp and the Deise manage to beat Limerick, the Treaty can kiss their 5 in a row goodbye

Clare and Waterford was a nail bitter. Clare again not putting a team in Ennis to the sword when they were on top but got there in the end.
If Clare beat Tipp and the Deise manage to beat Limerick, the Treaty can kiss their 5 in a row goodbye
We in Cork will be anxiously watching on next week! Those post match scenes were crazy against Limerick last Sunday.

That shows how success starved we are that we reacted like that! Tipp are the worst team in Munster by a fair bit though.

Waterford could rue blowing that four points lead in injury time against them yet.

We in Cork will be anxiously watching on next week! Those post match scenes were crazy against Limerick last Sunday.

That shows how success starved we are that we reacted like that! Tipp are the worst team in Munster by a fair bit though.

Waterford could rue blowing that four points lead in injury time against them yet.
Tipp are a shambles at the moment. To be beaten like they were today after such a good start in such a crucial game is a disgrace for a hurling county that they pride themselves on. For Limerick to finish either top or potentially 4th next Sunday and to think after the first 2 rounds Cork to possibly finish 3rd makes in my opinion Munster hurling the best competition on the planet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back