GAA 2024

Cork were well worth their win. We don't seem to play for more than 30 minutes these days, and that's not going to be enough over the long haul. Having put ourselves back into a winning position, though, we then did something most unlike us and let it slip. That slip is a microcosm of a bigger slippage. We're not playing well and we're there for the taking, in my view. Of course, we are rarely imperious at this point of the season and it might change come the next day, but I think there's a trend now and I would be surprised if we buck it. We might well get to a Munster final, but I don't think qualification is remotely a given against Waterford and I would be backing the field over us to win the All-Ireland this year for the first time in six years.

Cork were well worth their win. We don't seem to play for more than 30 minutes these days, and that's not going to be enough over the long haul. Having put ourselves back into a winning position, though, we then did something most unlike us and let it slip. That slip is a microcosm of a bigger slippage. We're not playing well and we're there for the taking, in my view. Of course, we are rarely imperious at this point of the season and it might change come the next day, but I think there's a trend now and I would be surprised if we buck it. We might well get to a Munster final, but I don't think qualification is remotely a given against Waterford and I would be backing the field over us to win the All-Ireland this year for the first time
Limerick will be a different animal in Croke Park don't you worry about that. Anyway hopefully Clare and you guys beat Waterford.

If we beat Tipp then we go through. It's funny for a Cork person to say this, but we needed that win to give the confidence a bit of a boost.

The almost twenty year senior all Ireland famine has damaged our traditional sense of self confidence a little bit!lol

Limerick will be a different animal in Croke Park don't you worry about that. Anyway hopefully Clare and you guys beat Waterford.

If we then beat Tipp then we go through. It's funny for a Cork person to say this, but we needed that to give the confidence a bit of a boost.

The almost twenty year senior all Ireland famine has damaged our traditional sense of self confidence a little bit!lol
Ha ha! The Corkness will be in overdrive this week! :D

Cork's challenge now is to back this up. The question is how much has this taken out of them tonight. There will be more fireworks next weekend.

Limerick have to get to Croke Park first. I don't think that's a given. People outside Limerick seem to be psyched by this team - understandable, they are incredible - but besides the trouncing of Tipperary, we haven't been battering sides for over two years: probably Cork in 2022 on the opening day was the last time we were as superior as the media like to paint us. Yes, we destroy teams in bursts, but those bursts are being needed more than ever as we don't seem to put together a decent first half with any regularity. If we lose to Waterford, we could be out. Empires subside suddenly. On current form, we're back with the pack. There's lots of work to do.

I have never seen Clones as busy as it was yesterday and I am no stranger to it. Not even room to stand on the street outside the Creighton.

View attachment 256809
View attachment 256810
Hard luck on the defeat mate. It should have went to a replay instead of this penalty shootout nonsense!

We have Donegal, Tyrone and Clare in our group and Clare to be fair played well enough against Kerry.

So hopefully we can sneak into third place and go through to the next round. Our game against Clare in Ennis this Saturday will be crucial i think.

Fair play to Ger Brennan, he has Louth flying. A good league campaign and an excellent performance today.

Small reality check for Dublin fans today but still in good shape.
Might be the next Dublin manager........

Wouldn't read to much in to the last two Dublin performance's they look as board as the rest of us with the Leinster Championship.

The back still concerns me - hugely.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back