GAA 2024

Armagh edged out Down by a point in the football as well. Down didn't do too bad there for a team that barely beat Antrim the last day, and they were playing division three football this year as well.

I think Down go into the Tailtean cup now. Still though for Armagh it's all about the winning and they found a way to get the job done.

You'd think a score of 3 34 would be enough to win the game, but then Clare go and score 3 36!

Cork were seven points up at one stage in the second half, we should have shown more cuteness there with regards to holding on the lead.

We've only won just the one championship match so far under Pat Ryan, and are staring down the barrel of yet another Munster group stage exit.

I reckon it's time to give Ben O'Connor the senior managers job and blood some more of the U20'S next year.

A huge improvement will be required against Limerick, but if we do indeed lose that then we need Clare, Tipp and Limerick to beat Waterford.

Then we need to beat Tipp and hope to snatch third place in the group on scoring average. I'm not sure where Tipperary's heads are going to be at, after the belting Limerick gave them today though!

Oh well anyway well done to Clare hopefully they might win Munster at the very least now.

You'd think a score of 3 34 would be enough to win the game, but then Clare go and score 3 36!

Cork were seven points up at one stage in the second half, we should have shown more cuteness there with regards to holding on the lead.

We've only won just the one championship match so far under Pat Ryan, and are staring down the barrel of yet another Munster group stage exit.

I reckon it's time to give Ben O'Connor the senior managers job and blood some more of the U20'S next year.

A huge improvement will be required against Limerick, but if we do indeed lose that then we need Clare, Tipp and Limerick to beat Waterford.

Then we need to beat Tipp and hope to snatch third place in the group on scoring average. I'm not sure where Tipperary's heads are going to be at, after the belting Limerick gave them today though!

Oh well anyway well done to Clare hopefully they might win Munster at the very least now.
It' was 3.26 to 3.24.
Clare deserved it . The red card was a huge factor and absolutely madness by Sean Donohoe

It' was 3.26 to 3.24.
Clare deserved it . The red card was a huge factor and absolutely madness by Sean Donohoe
I'm not sure about that mate. I would argue that the Clare man possibly was playing for the free as well. I'll have to have another look at it!

Although i do think that Cork are very poor defensively under Pat Ryan, and that we are a very brainless team under him.

I'm not sure about that mate. I would argue that the Clare man possibly was playing for the free as well. I'll have to have another look at it!

Although i do think that Cork are very poor defensively under Pat Ryan, and that we are a very brainless team under him.
Look as many times as you like 🤣
O donoghue stepped straight into SOD and took him out. Even Pat Ryan said it was a 2nd yellow after.

I think the current championship structure needs to be looked at. Munster is so brutal and competitive yet Kilkenny and Galway are guaranteed an easy passage out of Leinster every year!

Speaking of Leinster i've always seen Wexford as a sleeping giant of a hurling county. Dublin have gone way backwards and while there is signs of life in Offaly, they still have a long way to go .

With regards to Offaly Clare were on the end of some serious bad luck in 1998.

Yet it would've been a disgrace if Offaly only ended up with just the one all Ireland in the 90's imo.

Hopefully they might get back to being fully competitive at Liam McCarthy level in another couple of years.

If 2 teams finish in 3rd with the same amount of points it goes head to head. So if say Waterford and cork end up on the same points in 3rd Waterford go through as they have beaten Cork but if 3 teams finish on the same points in 3rd place it comes down to score difference I think

If 2 teams finish in 3rd with the same amount of points it goes head to head. So if say Waterford and cork end up on the same points in 3rd Waterford go through as they have beaten Cork but if 3 teams finish on the same points in 3rd place it comes down to score difference I think
As I said earlier Kilkenny and Galway have it way easier imo.

Due to how weak Leinster is, both of them are pretty much guaranteed an easy passage out of it every year imo.

You have Antrim and Carlow in it as well. The current format is a bit lopsided imo.

As I said earlier Kilkenny and Galway have it way easier imo.

Due to how weak Leinster is, both of them are pretty much guaranteed an easy passage out of it every year imo.

You have Antrim and Carlow in it as well. The current format is a bit lopsided imo.
To be fair though Leinster has been competitive at times when Dublin and Wexford were going well but not at present.
Cork and Tipp as hurling counties have probably never been as weaker as they have been over the last decade or so.
Leinster is much more easy as you say to get top 3 than in Munster but because of how strong Munster hurling is it will never be interfered with.
The current format is a hell of alot better than what it used to be. Antrim and Galway always into the All Ireland semi finals. Galway at times only one game to play from an All Ireland final. Really don't know looking back how that wasn't changed earlier

To be fair though Leinster has been competitive at times when Dublin and Wexford were going well but not at present.
Cork and Tipp as hurling counties have probably never been as weaker as they have been over the last decade or so.
Leinster is much more easy as you say to get top 3 than in Munster but because of how strong Munster hurling is it will never be interfered with.
The current format is a hell of alot better than what it used to be. Antrim and Galway always into the All Ireland semi finals. Galway at times only one game to play from an All Ireland final. Really don't know looking back how that wasn't change
That was a joke so it was! Galway only had to play two games to win their all Irelands in the 80's. Although i think it worked against them more often than not imo.

WIth regards to Cork over the past decade and a bit, there has been flickers of promise we could pulled off a surprise all Ireland win in 2013, got to another final in 2021 albeit we got destroyed in it, we won three Munster titles as well.

There's been flashes of promise and potential that haven't amounted to anything in the long run. The team would be greatly improved with the likes of Ben Cunningham, Michael Mullins and Will Buckley in it but management seems to be reluctant to blood some of those u20 players from last year.

Our game (unless we get some sort of result against Limerick) against Tipp could be to decide who avoids being crowned the worst team in Munster!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back