Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue isn't that mate - its the fact we had this deal all but sorted and Brands cocks it up trying to renegotiate.

Had Arsenal and Napoli blown us out the water back in Feb then fair enough- but they didnt they came in 6 months later whilst Brands is trying to save a few quid.

This fella is out of his depth.

I knew soon as Ancelotti came in we would find a way to mess things up we are officially a banter club alongside the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford - existing purely to give a good chortle to the teams around us.

You can already see where this summer window is heading - hope for next season officially gone.

Not looking good @matty1878 lad.

Thought your source at the club told you this was definitely happening?

I don't blame him for trying to lower fees. In fact I want to see us changing our spending and refusing to pay over the odds for average players.

The one thing I don't get is the idea that prices would fall because of coronavirus. The amount of money available to buy may be reduced for clubs, but that in no way means selling clubs will reduce fees. It's a sellers market. I don't understand the logic of assuming that prices will drop.

I hope we are more assertive in tying up the deals needed in more important positions. We will still have to spend reasonable amounts to get the right players.

I don't blame him for trying to lower fees. In fact I want to see us changing our spending and refusing to pay over the odds for average players.

The one thing I don't get is the idea that prices would fall because of coronavirus. The amount of money available to buy may be reduced by clubs, but that in no way means selling clubs will reduce fees. It's a sellers market. I don't understand the logic of assuming that prices will drop.

I hope we are more assertive in tying up the deals needed in more important positions. We will still have to spend reasonable amounts to get the right players.

Just got to accept it this summer is going to be another farce and the too cool for school types who revel in moaning at other fans for moaning will once again have egg on their face when we waste yet another season with the same squad of half hearted no pace chancers stealing a living at the club.

The one thing I don't get is the idea that prices would fall because of coronavirus. The amount of money available to buy may be reduced by clubs, but that in no way means selling clubs will reduce fees. It's a sellers market. I don't understand the logic of assuming that prices will drop.
The pandemic has put a number of clubs into dire financial straits and necessitated fire sales at potentially lowered prices.

Secondly as you mentioned, teams have less money to buy players, but nearly all clubs WANT to buy players. That means more teams will need to sell to buy, but they buyers have similarly reduced funds, so the sellers have to lower prices to catalyse a sale, in order to bring in their own targets.

Now whether it will work out in practice remains to be seen, but the theory is sound.

The pandemic has put a number of clubs into dire financial straits and necessitated fire sales at potentially lowered prices.

Secondly as you mentioned, teams have less money to buy players, but nearly all clubs WANT to buy players. That means more teams will need to sell to buy, but they buyers have similarly reduced funds, so the sellers have to lower prices to catalyse a sale, in order to bring in their own targets.

Now whether it will work out in practice remains to be seen, but the theory is sound.

The theory only stands up if the selling club are in financial trouble. Very few quality players will be at clubs in enormous financial trouble.

The theory only stands up if the selling club are in financial trouble. Very few quality players will be at clubs in enormous financial trouble.
Not really. It also stands up if they’re not in financial trouble, but need to sell in order to buy. You don’t have to be in financial trouble to have limited player purchasing funds

My issue isn't that mate - its the fact we had this deal all but sorted and Brands cocks it up trying to renegotiate.

Had Arsenal and Napoli blown us out the water back in Feb then fair enough- but they didnt they came in 6 months later whilst Brands is trying to save a few quid.

This fella is out of his depth.

I knew soon as Ancelotti came in we would find a way to mess things up we are officially a banter club alongside the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Watford - existing purely to give a good chortle to the teams around us.

You can already see where this summer window is heading - hope for next season officially gone.

Not looking good @matty1878 lad.
Do you know what the financial impact that COVID has had on our Transfer budget?

No, I thought no, because none of us do, in fact we don’t even know what the budget is.

So to fire off criticism with no facts is a futile exercise,

I know last summer was poor and I’m not defending it, but I think we should at least see who we do sign. Missing Gabriel may free up budget to close out Allen and sort out another of our problem positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.