Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughable to suggest this player on his wages will be brought in to warm the bench. He starts week in week out and I would be happy with that.

I'm pleased, if only because calling him Gary Barry makes me chuckle. I'm also fond of players who, when you put their initial in front of their surname, it makes a pronouncable 'word'. Having lost Vanichebe, I was thus hoping we signed Flampard but it was not to be. I'll have to make do with Thibbert, Spienaar and Thoward until January.

When we signed Darron Gibson a couple of years ago, my feelings were "Oh okay, he'll be another body in midfield", and then he turned into a very important player for us.

I hope Barry will be the same.
Starting to like the idea of this transfer a fair bit now. He is by no means a bad player, can knock the ball about well and hopefully get some of the players in front of him playing.

Silva nominating Barry his player of the year leapt out at me while reading this. There's a reason the Spanish are so good at football right now - they understand it better than anyone else.

Bang on beansontoast, I'm more than happy with this signing. City's loss is Everton's gain.

I work in Manchester. All proper City fans I spoke to today said they are sad to see him go and we are getting good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.