Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the new arrivals, Gareth Barry is comfortably the most important this season. Yes, including Lukaku.

It means that we have a very reliable, Premier League highly experienced central midfielder who will give licence to attack for quite a few of our other players such as Baines, Coleman, Mirallas, Deulofeu - and allow McCarthy/Gibson to encroach on the edge of the opposition box.

He's going to be one of those quietly super-effective players for us.

Of the new arrivals, Gareth Barry is comfortably the most important this season. Yes, including Lukaku.

It means that we have a very reliable, Premier League highly experienced central midfielder who will give licence to attack for quite a few of our other players such as Baines, Coleman, Mirallas, Deulofeu - and allow McCarthy/Gibson to encroach on the edge of the opposition box.

Agree, mate. He's very underrated and the reaction of city fans tells you all you need to know. If fans hoping for the title are disappointed to lose a player then we have no right to sniff at signing him.

He's 10x better than Osman, Neville and Hitzlesperger so highlights the vast improvements we've made squad-wise. But I think he's a better version of Gibson myself, and Darron will find it hard to get back into the team -- especially with his annoying injuries.

He seems a good sort too, with a top notch work ethic. I'm happy with this transfer, and I hope he can keep his fitness up and sign a 1-2 year permanent deal at the end of the season.

I see your point Tubes but that's a big statement to make. Despite Osman playing we've looked dead solid all season adn arguably wouldn't have conceded a goal but for blind luck.

We haven't looked that likely in front of goal though. Stopping sides scoring ensures at best a draw and one point. Scoring yourself means you're in with a chance of a win and 3 points. Lukaku is the most important.

Taking nothing away from Barry BTW. I think if Gibson stays fit it'll be McCarthy who'll play least of them three.

Have absolutely no qualms with this loan deal. Sitting in front of the defence breaking up play, recycling possession covering the full backs ect he will be brilliant think with the right balance we could have a very good team on our hands

Solid loan, will fit in well with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. Combined with McCarthy, our midfield is more balanced now, pushing Osman either more forward or to the bench.

Barry has already said in an interview that he will be here until the end of the season 'maybe/hopefully longer'. So it's clear Martinez has come to an agreement with him. This is a great signing. Distin/Giggs have proved you can go on into your mid 30s at least and with the way Barry plays there's no reason why he can't keep going til he's 35.

I'm delighted with this signing, he'll just silently plod along and do his job, if it doesnt work out, it's a 1-yr problem, and we part ways. But with World Cup coming up, he'll be dying to prove he's worth a place, and what better place?
Could be a reall coup this for Everton.

stepping aside the tone of your message

its reported that why the deal took so long to complete was we eventually "gave in" and agreed to pay his wages

he gets paid 120 k weekly

My scpetic tone? Was just incase you came back with a ridiculous figure...which you did.

Which kind of justified the original tone and have already been rightly shot for even considering we would pay anyone 120K a week.

Baines must be getting his pen ready for his 175k a week deal

Seen boats turn faster than Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back