Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want pienaar in there, but yeah worth a go with the two cm's, if berto hasn't completely moyesed ross's confidence

Before people mention it.. By the 'Against Palace, it should be okay' comment, im more referring to Palace wont come to Goodison to play. We'd have the ball 90% of the time.

Before people mention it.. By the 'Against Palace, it should be okay' comment, im more referring to Palace wont come to Goodison to play. We'd have the ball 90% of the time.

They'll still need beating though, hardly a pub team under Pulis. We struggled to break down Stoke when he was their manager. I'd take a 1-0 right here and now

Was decent today actually, we lost because the front 4 couldnt score or carve out any clear chances, not because of Barry.

If he is looking like being knackered after an hour's play then surely we do not want to be looking at signing him up?

Not 100% sure about him now, it does look like as if he is begging the “age decline”, + he is currently playing for his last international chance (World Cup), next season (no matter if he goes to the World Cup or not) his international dream will be over + he is also playing for his final contract.

We should try to sign him only if he accepts huge wage drop

Not 100% sure about him now, it does look like as if he is begging the “age decline”, + he is currently playing for his last international chance (World Cup), next season (no matter if he goes to the World Cup or not) his international dream will be over + he is also playing for his final contract.

We should try to sign him only if he accepts huge wage drop

That goes without saying.

Not sure if I want us to sign him permanently if I'm honest. He's been class for us this season, no doubt about it, but he's looked tired recently and you have to wonder how long he's got left at the top of his game.

Ideally I'd want us to sign a younger CM to partner McCarthy, or blood Barkley there, but this would only be possible if Barry was used as a backup which just doesn't seem feasible for us given his high wages. Even if he took a wage cut he'd still be on a lot for someone who is only cover.

That's my unfortunate opinion on it but nevertheless he's been crucial for us this season and I like him a lot. Is right Barry lad.

barry-goal.jpg

His fault for the goal IMO, he should have stood over the ball to stop them taking the quick free kick

Easy to say now though mate - hindsight is always 20/20

Not sure if I want us to sign him permanently if I'm honest. He's been class for us this season, no doubt about it, but he's looked tired recently and you have to wonder how long he's got left at the top of his game.

Ideally I'd want us to sign a younger CM to partner McCarthy, or blood Barkley there, but this would only be possible if Barry was used as a backup which just doesn't seem feasible for us given his high wages. Even if he took a wage cut he'd still be on a lot for someone who is only cover.

That's my unfortunate opinion on it but nevertheless he's been crucial for us this season and I like him a lot. Is right Barry lad.

barry-goal.jpg

I'd like him to stay - experience is necessary for youth to learn from, and I don't think Gibson will be back for any great length of time before retiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back