Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be 33 when his contract with City ends this summer.

he's too old to be getting a really big deal, but other sides will feel the same. Still think he'll stay, he's having a new lease of life here.

With European football on the horizon, (maybe, possibly, hopefully!) we can use someone with his experience and talent rotated with Gibson and Lundstram/upcoming youngster alongside Mcarthy we'd have have centre mid sorted.
A two year deal with option of a third at £50/60k wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I also have a feeling Gar Bar has potential to be a very good coach in future and is a good type to have around.

Probably a very dumb question, but if he picks up a yellow against Arsenal, would he have to miss 2 games in addition to the city game? Or can we count the City game for which he was ineligible as part of his 2 game suspension?

Anyone know what happens to a loan player who picks up a one match ban but that match is scheduled to be against his parent club so he wouldn't be playing in it anyway.
Still gets counted as a game if that happens as far as i know

Anyone know what happens to a loan player who picks up a one match ban but that match is scheduled to be against his parent club so he wouldn't be playing in it anyway.

I'd imagine it carries over to the next game mate as technically he couldn't play anyway.

Don't know for certain though.

First post, hello! I've been saying all season that if we were able to get Barry on a 3 year deal and sign Lukaku then I'd be delighted. We've got Gibson and Kone coming back as well who are great players. We'd have more than enough cover then.

prefer a 2 year deal with a further 1 year option for us to extend tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back