Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also. There is no way he is being offered 3 years. Reckon it will be 18 months.

I would imagine he can't play in a match against City in the FA Cup - unless he's been completely released from his contract at City. If that were the case he could also play in the league game(s) against them.
Not sure that's right. Its the PL rules that stop loan players playing against their parent clubs, but I don't think the same applies in the FA Cup

Twitter secrets? I don't have twitter so can't see the actual pic.. but it has been retweeted by the (night)clubs official account. Put the pic up!

Twitter secrets? I don't have twitter so can't see the actual pic.. but it has been retweeted by the (night)clubs official account. Put the pic up!

Don't worry, it's not me, i'm not that ugly but there you go.

BhucHWtCUAAwBah.jpg:large

At first glance three years seems a bit much, but considering the massive wage reduction Barry would be taking it makes sense.

I think he may end up going somewhere else. Tottenham are due an Anglicising of their squad after the AVB disaster, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

I doubt that. His home (wife's horses, kids schools etc) is in the North. He won't go to London (and has been quoted as saying such)

A 3 year deal seems a tad steep. I'd be looking to give him a years deal with view to extension. I think he's great by the way but age is against him. His experience and know how is second to non and would be great to have in the squad alongside McCarthy and Gibson.

I was about to post exactly that...glad I read your post first as it saved me having to type anything...uh, hang on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back