Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
A clause which they'd only have ground to until July 1st. from July 1st Manchester City have absolutely zero say in who and how Barry can sign for anyone.

City probaly put it in to stop us waiting until july 1st and risking other clubs coming in and signing him.

A player can start negotiating with any club half a year before his contract expires. He could've signed a contract with us already in January (see e.g. Robert Lewandowski signing for Bayern right after New Year's Eve.).

3 seasons goat, That's what I am getting at

2 years should have been the max at his age, He's not Pirlo ffs

Chill my brother, it might be 2 years with the option of a 3rd, something like that, if he aint performing I think hes man enough to admit it and koff to America for a MLS holiday.

Just rejoice at us signing a boss player.

A player can start negotiating with any club half a year before his contract expires. He could've signed a contract with us already in January (see e.g. Robert Lewandowski signing for Bayern right after New Year's Eve.).

I think the rules are different in England.

I just hope his legs don't go like Gerrard and we are stuck with a 70k a week sub

not sure he's ever had legs anyway tbh (not literally obvs).

ozil incident was 4 years ago now and he's still one of the best in the league. we definitely need gibson fit though

He may sign for 3 years but I am sure we will sort the terms correctly. I think we need an older, experienced head in midfield as Barkley, McCarthy, Gibson, perhaps even Ledson or a signing like Besic can learn from him as they take more responsibility.

Nobody knows for certain how his body will last in this time, but I would be happy with a macallister type for a few seasons.

We'll benefit on the pitch, but McCarthy, Barkley and Ledson will all benefit from seeing him week in week out and training with him daily.

Other than the fact gerrard is a totally different player than barry and probably covered twice the distance barry has in his life, the biggest part in barrys game is being able to read the play which uses ur brain not ur legs and after watching the lad last season he does this as good as anyone, he makes everything look so simple and comfortable for him! so getting a few good years out of him i very much doubt is gonna b a problem and even if for some reason he aint still lasting it on 3rd season i'll let him off just for the amount mccarthy will have learnt from him in this time!

Other than the fact gerrard is a totally different player than barry and probably covered twice the distance barry has in his life, the biggest part in barrys game is being able to read the play which uses ur brain not ur legs and after watching the lad last season he does this as good as anyone, he makes everything look so simple and comfortable for him! so getting a few good years out of him i very much doubt is gonna b a problem and even if for some reason he aint still lasting it on 3rd season i'll let him off just for the amount mccarthy will have learnt from him in this time!

exactly, totally opposite to gerrard who relied purely on his legs and others to cover his mistakes, barry is a natural DM with a great football brain, gerrard is neither.

Villa must be delighted with this news. I'm sure one or two held hope thier captain would return to lift from them relegation struggle.
But I do wish Aston Villa were not doing so [Poor language removed] in recent seasons.We had a bit of rivalry at one stage. I know it would have added much more spice to Barry being with us.
I guess we have our beloved Bill Kenright with his manager picking abilities to thank for not following in Villas footy steps.

Villa must be delighted with this news. I'm sure one or two held hope thier captain would return to lift from them relegation struggle.
But I do wish Aston Villa were not doing so [Poor language removed] in recent seasons.We had a bit of rivalry at one stage. I know it would have added much more spice to Barry being with us.
I guess we have our beloved Bill Kenright with his manager picking abilities to thank for not following in Villas footy steps.
Sits back and awaits a bunion led backlash,lol !

Two words: Sylvain Distin

Or: The Milkman. Don't think he appreciates that name though.

Either way, I'm sure Barry on 3 years is a good decision. From what I hear, he's got the same kind of fitness mentality as Distin and does everything right to prolong his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back