Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not looking for excuses,it was woeful

Would him being In the side today have changed the result and performance? No idea but I'd still rather have him playing than Besic or Cleverley,those two can't pass a ball to save their lives

Well they can use both feet which is something Barry cant do.

Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Rested today? Or has he got an injury like the rest?

Im wondering the same. Ive just seen updates on all the injured players on Physio Room but nothing about Barry, so Im wondering if he's even injured.

Insanity if he was rested. Despite his age, Martinez plays him in every single game where he's available, even in Cup games where he rests a few and has the opportunity to leave him out. He's just had a 3 week break with the internationals and suspension before coming back against Watford. Surely he's a better option than a completely unfit Darron Gibson.

Can't wait for the yellow card factory to be restored tomorrow.
By Christ we need him tonight!!!

I like Gareth Barry.

Darron Gibson played reasonably "ok" against S'oton, perhaps a combo of those two instead of McCarthy tonight, who it could be argued has been out of form lately?

I'm not suggesting that's a long term solution (especially as Barry at 34/5 is fitter than Gibson at 28/9) but it may make a difference - play your in form guys and all that.

There's a real chance we won't see him an Everton shirt ever again now. If Martinez goes as many of us expect will a new manager have any place for him? Still clearly has his uses if you ask me but he is getting up there in age and next season is the last year of his contract. Gaz Baz may decide to look at his options instead of trying to prove himself to a new manager.

Besic and mccarthy together now then which is good as at least we will know if they can form a partnership for next season.

Possibly more mins for davies as well.

There's a real chance we won't see him an Everton shirt ever again now. If Martinez goes as many of us expect will a new manager have any place for him? Still clearly has his uses if you ask me but he is getting up there in age and next season is the last year of his contract. Gaz Baz may decide to look at his options instead of trying to prove himself to a new manager.

Agree, probably the last time he wears the shirt. Pity, but time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back