Gearing up for the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes away derby record is shocking but conflating it with the top 4 is just giving importance to liverpool that they don't deserve.

even if they finished 7th the next 5 years its still one of the biggest games of the year, which is the point of that stat

even if they finished 7th the next 5 years its still one of the biggest games of the year, which is the point of that stat

But the problem with the stat is it's bollocks.

If we'd never beaten liverpool or the top 4, that's a stat as that's will be the 5 hardest away games. (The four best teams and the local derby.)

When it's the local derby and a random 2 of the top 4, it's just a bollocks stat. You're blatently picking and choosing games which fit your prejudice.

Just stick with Moyes has never won at anfield. That's enough to condemn him by itself.

I bet on a points basis Moyes isn't behind many managers in terms of his record against Chelsea/United/Arsenal/Liverpool.

We don't win games at those places but we've drawn a fair few, and the 'top 4' stat as AF says is a load of s***e. Look at our record against City ffs.

Bloody hate the Derbies,and the flag waving for this one is going to be something else by all accounts,f+++in knobs

This could be one of the best derbies ever. We give them a hiding it means we're the best side round here and they all know it.

We won't be as hamstrung by money next year and they're mostly crap in the transfer market so this could be the status quo for a while. A good hiding would certainly help that along!

Then we can give them loads as we kick on and they all go nuts cos they've been mid-table for years.

I think too much!

This could be one of the best derbies ever. We give them a hiding it means we're the best side round here and they all know it.

We won't be as hamstrung by money next year and they're mostly crap in the transfer market so this could be the status quo for a while. A good hiding would certainly help that along!

Then we can give them loads as we kick on and they all go nuts cos they've been mid-table for years.

I think too much!

The chance to do that was the semi last year, mate. Think that broke my optimism.

Snap your hand off, tbh.

Don't take this personally but that kind of attitude stinks, it is without exception the same attitude that David Moyes walks into Anfield with season after season after season. Winners think and envision no such things

Last edited:
Don't take this personally but that kind of attitude stinks, it is without exception the same attitude that David Moyes walk into Anfield with season after season after season. Winners think and envision no such things

We don't win at anfield under Moyes. The choices are draw or lose and I'd prefer draw.

I think too much!

Good try,but I still hate Derbies,can't help it,arl fella was the same

I think too much!

Think they'll click next season Ste and challenge for the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back