• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

General Euros chatter

Rita_Poon

Player Valuation: £90m
On the cusp of the Tournament, thought an area for general shenanigans would be best, for crowd* news, and travel and such.

What a nice distraction for a few weeks. If Germany win it, what an extended Octoberfest they'll have.

On the cusp of the Tournament, thought an area for general shenanigans would be best, for crowd* news, and travel and such.

What a nice distraction for a few weeks. If Germany win it, what an extended Octoberfest they'll have.
I've heard that a few Scottish fans will be wearing kilts, having the odd glass of lager, and listening to the caterwauling of out of tune bagpipes. Will keep you posted.

England fans will get absolutely battered by the first non cheese eating country’s fans they face.
The land of pilsner lagers, they'll never see daylight. Andreas Brunner (Augustiner), Rainer Kansy (Hacker-Pschorr), Rolf Dummert (Hofbräu), Bernd Kräußel (Löwenbräu), Christian Dahncke (Paulaner) and Friedrich Geiger (Spaten) will see to that.

I've heard that a few Scottish fans will be wearing kilts, having the odd glass of lager, and listening to the caterwauling of out of tune bagpipes. Will keep you posted.
Surely one for the universe thread, with foresight like that Nostradamus will be calling?

Germany will do well to win their group.

I live in Germany. My partner is German. My son is half-German. I'd love to see Germany win it - but then I look at their squad and know they'll do tremendously well to reach the semi-finals.

This isn't West Germany or even Germany circa 2006-2016. This is a team that lost a World Cup qualifier to North Macedonia. So did Italy, and nobody is talking them up as winners...

Germany will do well to win their group.

I live in Germany. My partner is German. My son is half-German. I'd love to see Germany win it - but then I look at their squad and know they'll do tremendously well to reach the semi-finals.

This isn't West Germany or even Germany circa 2006-2016. This is a team that lost a World Cup qualifier to North Macedonia. So did Italy, and nobody is talking them up as winners...
Home advantage can't be ignored though and it counts for a lot. I think they have a chance you know and worse German teams than this have got to a final.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back