• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

George Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope it's followed up with a championship loan or something. Maybe needs a bit of sobering experience of not being by miles the best player on the pitch.

Takes balls though to accept a loan at a league 2 club. I remember Ronnie Moore saying the likes of Tranmere all the time ask for PL players to come on loan but 80% aren't willing to go because they have it so good and easy they don't want to rough it up. Greens only a kid and judging by his comments after the game he's willing to get stuck in but wants to be the main man for them as well. Nothing wrong with having a bit of arrogance and confidence in his ability.

Edit : just to confirm I know Moore isn't the manager now as this was a 2-3 years ago but it's always stuck in my head about players not wanting to go out and get some real football experience.

I see Ashtonian is still convinced that these younger players are just not cut out to play. I know he has posted in the Odegaard thread. Heading off to find the Ryan Gauld thread. Who else do we have ?

Before i head off to the Gauld thread, im popping in Safari. Ashtonian is defo SteKelly.
Where have i sais he isnt good enough? Putting words on your own screen there mate.

pr is not saying he should be playing in the first team already saying he cant make it?

£2m for a 15 year old. Did Moyes take a happy pill or something?

I'm glad to see him doing well. I was a bit worried because it seemed he was in and out of the U21 team so hopefully this will be a good move. We could really do with both him and Henen coming through to the first team.

£2m for a 15 year old. Did Moyes take a happy pill or something?

I'm glad to see him doing well. I was a bit worried because it seemed he was in and out of the U21 team so hopefully this will be a good move. We could really do with both him and Henen coming through to the first team.
Imagine all of Green, Ledson, Browning, Garbutt and Henen made the grade. Would save us a lot of money that ^^

Imagine all of Green, Ledson, Browning, Garbutt and Henen made the grade. Would save us a lot of money that ^^

I'm imagining.

Used to imagine Ball, Hibbert, Rooney, Osman, Dunne

then

Rodwell, Vaughan, Anichebe, Duffy, Gerrard, Kissock,

now

Ledson, Barkley, Browning, Green, Henen, Grant, Lundstram,Duffus, Long blah blah blah

I imagine with the exception of the standout talents that most wont carve out a premier league career !

I'm imagining.

Used to imagine Ball, Hibbert, Rooney, Osman, Dunne

then

Rodwell, Vaughan, Anichebe, Duffy, Gerrard, Kissock,

now

Ledson, Barkley, Browning, Green, Henen, Grant, Lundstram,Duffus, Long blah blah blah

I imagine with the exception of the standout talents that most wont carve out a premier league career !
Way to shoot me down :'(

Fair enough though, Rodwell was hindered by his hammy. He was at least a solid player prior, and we got a decent fee at least.
We probably should have kept cheebs, I know that might not be a popular decision to many but I would have preferred him over Kone.
Duffy should have stayed.

Edit: We should have kept/bought that Dier lad as well. FFS MOYLES

I think Garbutt is good enough to already be a starting left back although given he's out of contract in the summer I almost feel the same as I would do if he was a loan player about to go back to his parent club. In other words I find him hard to get excited about which is a huge shame because of them all he's the only one I have any certainty at all of making it.

But yea it would be great although if we get one regular starter out of the other 4 I would consider that a success.

I think Garbutt is good enough to already be a starting left back although given he's out of contract in the summer I almost feel the same as I would do if he was a loan player about to go back to his parent club. In other words I find him hard to get excited about which is a huge shame because of them all he's the only one I have any certainty at all of making it.

But yea it would be great although if we get one regular starter out of the other 4 I would consider that a success.
Yeah Garbutt is definitely the nearest to being ready, but I included him amongst that list because of the contract situation. I hope he signs after the season ends.

Way to shoot me down :'(

Fair enough though, Rodwell was hindered by his hammy. He was at least a solid player prior, and we got a decent fee at least.
We probably should have kept cheebs, I know that might not be a popular decision to many but I would have preferred him over Kone.
Duffy should have stayed.

To be fair mate wasnt shooting you down per se, just saying that for every Rooney or Barkley there are more also rans/nearly men, call it what you will to dilute that talent. Would love to have a "Golden" generation but the days of Nevilles/Beckham/Butt/Scholes etc are long gone in the days of inordinate spending in the premier league. True what they say about money buying success. Harry Kane is an example of a home grown youngster doing well but how many of the Spuds youth team havent been as successful? Happens at all levels we just see more of it at our own club.

Think the list applies to the 90's team that came through their development... Giggs, Beckham, Neville(s), Scholes. that could be a class of our own coming through in the making to storm its way into the top 4!

To be fair mate wasnt shooting you down per se, just saying that for every Rooney or Barkley there are more also rans/nearly men, call it what you will to dilute that talent. Would love to have a "Golden" generation but the days of Nevilles/Beckham/Butt/Scholes etc are long gone in the days of inordinate spending in the premier league. True what they say about money buying success. Harry Kane is an example of a home grown youngster doing well but how many of the Spuds youth team havent been as successful? Happens at all levels we just see more of it at our own club.
Haha I know I know, just would've been nice to keep dreaming!

It's a shame really but perhaps we could get really lucky :D

Kids are only ready for the team if they are being prepared behind the scenes for it. Sheedy did wonders for the kids before he saw them all sent to scotland never to return when Moyes was here so there was no real development there. Now there is some sort of impetus on developing kids so you are more likeley to see one or two break through into the squad now.

For every ledson there is a lundstrum where they dont progress the way they thought he would. I like the thought of supporting them ala Mcaleney instead of sending them off after their contract runs out. Osman didnt break through until 24 so we kind of need to see that as a bench mark for the future.

Kids are only ready for the team if they are being prepared behind the scenes for it. Sheedy did wonders for the kids before he saw them all sent to scotland never to return when Moyes was here so there was no real development there. Now there is some sort of impetus on developing kids so you are more likeley to see one or two break through into the squad now.

For every ledson there is a lundstrum where they dont progress the way they thought he would. I like the thought of supporting them ala Mcaleney instead of sending them off after their contract runs out. Osman didnt break through until 24 so we kind of need to see that as a bench mark for the future.

Who has Martinez bought through? Browning for 20 minutes twice and never again?

He might talk about bringing youth players through but there is no evidence that he will do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back