Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

It's so incredibly unlikely we'll ever see him again. But part of me will never give up.
Took me ages to learn how to spell/say his name even half accurately - no way am I giving up on him coming back unless he starts playing regularly either for Sevilla or Barca. It certainly doesn't look like his Sevilla loan is going as well as he hoped.

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/01/06/en/football/spanish_football/1420563555.html
Gerard Deulofeu is not playing football as regularly as he hoped he would be with Sevilla when his loan deal was sealed. He left Barcelona in search of more game time. Luis Enrique let him leave on loan again after his year out at Everton, but so far this season he has only played a total of 709 minutes spread across 16 games for Sevilla.

Recently, after taking part in the friendly between Catalonia and the Basque Country during the Christmas break, Deulofeu called on Emery to give him more chances. "I'm really keen to start playing a little more. We'll see what happens", remarked the player. The last time Deulofeu started for Sevilla was in the 5-1 win over Granada at the Pizjuán. Emery has made it clear that he has no allegiances when picking his team and, although something has been lacking from their game in recent weeks, he has barely given the Catalan player the nod.

He has played just 31 minutes in the last five official matches. Sevilla have a busy schedule over the coming weeks, meaning that the manager will have plenty of games to try out different options to rediscover the side's best level of football and refine their game in the most demanding months of the season. Deulofeu hopes to be one of the chosen ones. He has already said as much: "This is a very big year for me." Now he needs to prove it.

@barcastuff: Deulofeu, on loan at Sevilla this season, has played 31 minutes in his team's last 5 official games #fcblive [via marca]

you know what i hope. That gerard is not as good as people think.

Because he looked brilliant on the goodison pitch, so not being good enough for barca is still good enough to us.

such a shame about barcas transfer ban, reckon we would actually have a chance of singing him permanantley

They can sell cant they? Just cant buy. If he's out on loan for a year again cant see why they wouldnt sell. Not like they need to replace him

They can sell cant they? Just cant buy. If he's out on loan for a year again cant see why they wouldnt sell. Not like they need to replace him

what i mean is youth prospects might get more of a chance now, although they still have one or two good players lol so still a chance i gues

Good goal?

He picked the ball up centrally ran with it and played a lovely through ball to Gameiro who hit the post, Gerry followed it up and smashed it in, it took a bit of a deflection off a defender trying to block but the build up and through ball were quality.

Edit :- it was the keeper that it hit on the way in.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back