Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's on loan at Sevilla for a full season, no? why would he come to us in January ( if thats the assumption here )

no chance
It would have to be deemed in the best interest to all parties if it was ever going to occur. It would have to be one of:

- Sevilla do not want him and decide to release him from his loan,
- Sevilla 'agree' for his return to Barca, and in turn they would receive some financial gratuity in compensation.
- Barcelona have some form of option to cancel the deal, which again would most probably include some financial compensation to Sevilla.

I doubt the first would ever happen, as if Sevilla sensed Barcelona's interest to sell then I would sure they'd move to the second option.

Any cost would obviously be put onto us. If it is the latter option, again I am sure any cost would be put onto us.

Based on all this, £8m in January seems naive to stupid.

I would expect any possibly move will occur in the summer when expenses for all are lower.

It would have to be deemed in the best interest to all parties if it was ever going to occur. It would have to be one of:

- Sevilla 'agree' for his return to Barca, and in turn they would receive some financial gratuity in compensation.
- Barcelona have some form of option to cancel the deal, which again would most probably include some financial compensation to Sevilla.

I doubt the first would ever happen, as if Sevilla sensed Barcelona's interest to sell then I would sure they'd move to the second option.

Any cost would obviously be put onto us. If it is the latter option, again I am sure any cost would be put onto us.

I would expect any possibly move will occur in the summer when expenses for all are lower.
Its defo on

Sevilla have to pay Barca for the loan especially if he isn't playing. They might prefer to take Adama or another Barca kid instead.

Yet they refuse to sell him or waver for from the €30 million transfer fee 20 year old who can't get in the squad

Stunning assessment after less than 5 full matches played nevermind a goal & 4 assists in that time - in keeping with much of the kneejerking going on of late...Even Emery confirmed that recently, it's very early for Gerard at Sevilla
Half the season has gone and ofcourse Emery would say that.

I feared that Deulofeu obviously wouldn't get into the barca team but also not into the Sevilla team.

He needs to be at a club which rates and owns him, not one that has no real interest in his development and lets be honest it's looking very unlikely he'll ever be Barca standard. He should look at Bojan and not make the mistake of staying till he's 24.

Barcelona’s transfer banishment has been upheld by CAS, new players will only be able to be sign in 2016. Not sure if this would affect any plans for Deulofeu as it didn't stop them lending him out this year although seen some Spanish press claiming it would

@barcastuff: Denis and Deulofeu, on loan, and B players Samper, Halilovic and Adama could join first team next summer if transfer ban is not reduced [md]

Is he struggling to get a game regularly at Sevilla?

Can't say I'm surprised.
He's made one substitute appearance for 20mins all December including their Europa League games.

There's a huge step up from Barca wonder kid to Barca player and the reality is that 99.9% don't make it for all the hype the papers give them. He would be best of finding a club (us :D) that he can grow and develop with that actually give a damn about him and who knows by the time he's Bojan's age he might be Barca material.

He keeps comparing De Gea with Robles, can you make a comment on that?
Both Spanish. Both have the same build. Both are athletic shot stoppers. Both would rather punch than catch and don't command their six yard box.

I'm not surprised you can't see the similarities.

Spanish telly today saying Luis Enrique does not have much faith in Deulofeu. Reckon they have much better prospects and he wouldn't fit into Enruque's system. That's what was said on the telly, anyway, just reporting it. He could be so frustrating, but he put so many teams on the defensive for us, come back and show us your cardies Gerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back