Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the best at in swinging corners on his side, imagine Garbutt on the other side? We might be good at corners for the first time since Cahill/Lescott!

I think you might be confusing the quality of the corner takers here with the quality of the corner converters. But I don't think Roberto considers nodding in corners as much of a skill/tactic to be encouraged. Thankfully, the Jags disagrees and still tries to get his bonce on most things.

I think you might be confusing the quality of the corner takers here with the quality of the corner converters. But I don't think Roberto considers nodding in corners as much of a skill/tactic to be encouraged. Thankfully, the Jags disagrees and still tries to get his bonce on most things.
Alcaraz also seems like one of the only players arsed enough to try and get a head on corners, although he doesn't end up scoring them like

Clicked on the thread link to read about the young man and I read about Alcaraz...no escaping him!

giphy.gif

Agree it's likely he'll give it a try as well if the chance is offered, he'd probably regret it later of he didn't. Will also be interesting to see what Barca do with two other academy players that Enrique seems much happier about using - Adama Traore or Munir El haddadi.

Yeah, Sevilla in theory were a good fit for Deulofeu. Have a nagging worry he'll end up at Arsenal tbh which would probably be good for him but depress and annoy me.
He will want to go somewhere he will play every week and to a manager that believes in him like Bojan and Hughes who had been chasing him for years. He's already experienced what it's like to get loaned out by a top club and to sit on the bench for 2nd tier club (3rd,4th) like Arsenal.

Even at Liverpool he wouldn't get the game time although that might be change if Sterling does go.

He will want to go somewhere he will play every week and to a manager that believes in him like Bojan and Hughes who had been chasing him for years. He's already experienced what it's like to get loaned out by a top club and to sit on the bench for 2nd tier club (3rd,4th) like Arsenal.

Even at Liverpool he wouldn't get the game time although that might be change if Sterling does go.
Irrc Wenger has been chasing him for a while, think they were looking to loan him when we did.

But good point about game time, guess this season will have really raised the importance of it to him, he's looked more miserable than most being sat on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back